Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

YukesVonFaust

Re: [GZDoom] Hell-Forged - (0.6b update up - p.1)

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Now that's a spicy hulkster right here! Can't wait to see that gigant in full colour!
Amuscaria

Re: [GZDoom] Hell-Forged - (Hellduke model complete. P.282)

Post by Amuscaria »

Fixed an issue with the mech-arm not be able to bend to the proper angle and being at the wrong length compared to the regular arm. Colored it using materials made from the Hell-Forged palette.
Spoiler:
Colors convert very well over to the HF palette (top: true color, bottom: paletted). Final sprite will look pretty close to the initial concept:
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Looks really tremendous. And i also realized that Hell-Forged actually had its own palette too. Looks grimdark enough.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Animation test (adjusted for Doom aspect ratio). That took MUCH longer than I thought it would - mostly my fault for making a model that isn't rigging friendly. Had to pose the subtools individually in the end. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with the overall results. Should look pretty authentic when I paint over it during the final spriting stages.

Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Badass. That's a cyberdemon-alike if ever I saw one. :D

There's some sort of wound on his knee that's disappearing and reappearing, that I don't see on your sketch or renders. Something I'm sure you'll be able fix in post though. :)
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Jimmy wrote:There's some sort of wound on his knee that's disappearing and reappearing
I *think* you're referring to the shadow from the extra leg segment I added? Changed the backwards legs to something more like a goat. :) Or are you referring to the thing on the inner thigh that flashs? That I can fix when I do the paint-over.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

It's the horn on his leg. If the detail on the horn improves it will probably be better. But tweaking the extreme frames or making a 6 frame walk cycle could be even better solution.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Amazing work and the animation! However the movement seems so stiff and lifeless...(just like my sprites used for my mod, no offence) And it seems much bigger than Cyberdemon! Intentional?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Yeah, the knee spike when it rises its leg looks like a dark hole because it loses its illumination. Keeping that bright grey would help.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Captain J wrote:Amazing work and the animation! However the movement seems so stiff and lifeless...(just like my sprites used for my mod, no offence) And it seems much bigger than Cyberdemon! Intentional?
Just a test. I'm painting details over it at double the resolution before shrinking it to the proper size and giving it the final details. It's probably the arms and muscles moving around like an action figure. Will fix it during the pain over stage.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

I think most of the stiffness is because it looks like he is not lifting hishooves when walking, just dragging them back and forth on the floor.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

neoworm wrote:I think most of the stiffness is because it looks like he is not lifting hishooves when walking, just dragging them back and forth on the floor.
Will fix. :)

Edit: Second test animation. Fixed an issue with the legs (forgot to pose one of them :P) and added some secondary movement. Still a bit stiff. Will be touching up the arms a bit before committing.

Edit #2: Final product with a bigger arm cannon. 2 Rotations done, 6 more to go. And then the death animation.

Prologue-9

Post by Prologue-9 »

Just stopping by to say this is one hell of a project. I've been combing through the latest alpha for the past two days after discovering and trying out Demon Eclipse, and man, the sheer creativity and effort put into this is inspiring. I've got my eye on this, and any and all of your future endeavors.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Prologue-9 wrote:Just stopping by to say this is one hell of a project. I've been combing through the latest alpha for the past two days after discovering and trying out Demon Eclipse, and man, the sheer creativity and effort put into this is inspiring. I've got my eye on this, and any and all of your future endeavors.
:wub:
Pandut
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Pandut »

Aha, I think I gotta second that. I lurk a lot but this has been one of the threads I visit a lot because I love seeing the progress on it. Attention to detail is simply amazing, I admit I've been taking an oath of 'chastity' and waiting for the full version to be released XD. It's pretty damn difficult aha, still the eye candy is wonderful <3.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”