[RELEASE] Prodoomer V3.1 [GZDoom]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [RELEASE] Prodoomer V3.1 [GZDoom]

Postby CSSLZT13 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:52 pm

On the plus side, the map entries on the wiki are almost all complete.[/quote]
So I just HAPPEN to be playing the hell out of Prodoomer at the moment, and I just saw that this topic was updated with this specific line.

You, sir, are awesome. My nonexistent hat goes to you.
CSSLZT13

Discord: CSSLZT13

Postby Randumb » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:28 pm

Frozenwolf150 wrote:OK, I beat v3 on Badass difficulty with 100% completion as far as I can tell-- except I can't figure out how to unlock the Doomer Kannon or Map34: Awakening. At this point I'm sitting at the endgame, having finished Map33: Legion of Atrocity, and am not sure if I should enter New Game Plus or if there's something I'm still missing.

On the plus side, the map entries on the wiki are almost all complete.

New Game Plus. It's not like there's anything left to do.
Randumb

Location: Somewhere randumb, but safe from those Terry-Traps.
Discord: Randumb#1150

Postby SallazarSpellcaster » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:35 pm

Actually, NG+ has different, tougher encounters, and it leads to the true ending of the game.
SallazarSpellcaster

Postby Frozenwolf150 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:46 pm

SallazarSpellcaster wrote:Actually, NG+ has different, tougher encounters, and it leads to the true ending of the game.

Yeah, I went ahead and started NG+ regardless.
Frozenwolf150

Postby Frozenwolf150 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:51 pm

Just beat New Game Plus, here are my final thoughts on v3.

Positives:

1. The new mapping features are very useful, both the scanner that shows the location of the keys in Archers Forest, and the numbers for the blocks in Unwelcome.
  2. Removing recoil is also very useful, though I didn't have that much of a problem with it in v2. It turns the P228 into a sniper weapon, and the same goes for the secondary fire of the Atata Gatling Gun.
  3. Iron Prison is a fun ability to play around with, although I used it more for experimenting with different kinds of jumps than for trapping enemies.
  4. Gas Grenade and Dragonfire are more powerful than I remember, and I use them all the time to kill bosses and other tough enemies.
  5. The revised dialogue shows a lot of improvement and makes more sense now.

Negatives:

1. Prodoomer v3 doesn't seem compatible with GZDoom 3.2.5. While it starts up fine, the Options menu does not show Prodoomer Options like it's supposed to.
  2. The opening battle with the Cyberdemon still causes problems even if I let up on the controls. Even if the hud doesn't disappear, I'll still be unable to pick up items, and have to reload and replay the battle. Could there be an option to hit USE to skip the scene, or could the glitch be mitigated by giving Kennedy the same HUD and interface as Dash?
  3. Gas Grenade can cause massive slowdowns if it hits too many actors at once. GZDoom locked up on me when I got the bright idea to fire one over the minefield in Desolation to try and destroy the mines. This can also happen when shooting one at an enemy encased in Iron Prison.
  4. There are still syntax problems with some of the dialogue. It doesn't sound natural in places. i.e. When Dash says to Gallagher,
    "We have not done anything bad to you."

Suggestions:

1. The instant death traps can be a turn-off for some players. I don't mean the platforming itself (I've seen worse) I mean the instances where enemies appear and shoot you in the middle of platforming. This happens in two instances, Bi-Colour Dimension when the dark imps teleport in and knock you off the platform, and Unwelcome where the cage walls open to reveal soul harvesters that knock you off the platform. Unless you know about these ahead of time, it's impossible to avoid them.
  2. Similar to the above, the video playthroughs I've seen of Lava Moss typically complain about how the pitfalls are hard to distinguish from the rest of the moss. While I don't have this problem myself, it would help if the thin moss were a different color or had a more distinct texture.
  3. The most irritating thing for me about this mod is when enemies, usually flying creatures, are killed over lava or a pit, making it impossible to collect their credits. This also goes for enemies inside inaccessible cages. I've gone to certain lengths to pull enemies over solid ground (Hook ability, Dark Vortex, etc.) but this doesn't always work. I wish there were an ability like Magnetize from Doom RPG that pulls dropped credits to you, or alternately that the Hook ability could be used to retrieve dropped credits.
  4. It would be useful if ice-based abilities like Frost Orb or Blizzard could be used to temporarily freeze lava. I know there are already a few ways to walk across lava, but this would be the most intuitive.
Frozenwolf150

Postby shadstarn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:08 pm

please help me i am tired of watching the intro...
i know if i save it will be fixed but everytime i have new version of my app i have to watch the intro all the way...
i appologize if the issue is already adressed by someone i am not aware.
shadstarn

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects