Consolation Prize: Console TCs for Gameplay Mods (Parts 1&2)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Consolation Prize: Console TCs for Gameplay Mods (Parts

Postby wildweasel » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:17 pm

Sorry, WW-Nazis probably can't be fixed for this situation given the way it's set up. You'll just have to try another mod.
wildweasel
I love the smell of sourdough in the morning

Postby Wiw » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:30 am

Can I at least try V2? All it needs is a fix for the keys.
Wiw
Frequently puts foot in mouth

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:48 pm

I am playing the PSX Doom TC version with a minimod of my own making that replaces Spectres with Cacodemons on Nightmare difficulty. However, at the beginning of MAP05 "Phobos Labs", the first encountered enemy is still a Spectre. Does the TC feature an additional actor for the Spectre? If so, what is its name?
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby taufan99 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 pm

In MAP03 of the DOOM 64 Absolution version, the center switch opening the central room with Lost Souls only does so, instead of revealing the yellow key. It is also not high enough to allow the player to pass to the room. The lift at the side opposite of the entrance is not usable, either.
taufan99
OUCH!

Discord: tippitytop.gintoki#8477

Postby Nevander » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:57 am

taufan99 wrote:In MAP03 of the DOOM 64 Absolution version, the center switch opening the central room with Lost Souls only does so, instead of revealing the yellow key. It is also not high enough to allow the player to pass to the room. The lift at the side opposite of the entrance is not usable, either.

The key only spawns when the Lost Souls die, as in the original Doom 64 version. As for the height, go to the edges of the surrounding walkway. You should be able to step up slightly and then from there, step onto the edge to get back down.
Nevander
The Doomslayer

Postby Techokami » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:21 pm

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:I am playing the PSX Doom TC version with a minimod of my own making that replaces Spectres with Cacodemons on Nightmare difficulty. However, at the beginning of MAP05 "Phobos Labs", the first encountered enemy is still a Spectre. Does the TC feature an additional actor for the Spectre? If so, what is its name?

PSX Doom added a new variant of the Spectre called the Nightmare Spectre; it has inverted colors and does twice the damage with twice the HP. The TC did implement these guys! But to make it compatible for mods that want to use their own Nightmare Spectre, such as MetaDoom, in Consolation Prize these monsters have a custom definition that defaults to the vanilla Spectre, but can be overridden.
The Doom 64 TC version of Consolation Prize does something similar for Nightmare Imps, the Unmaker, and the Demon Keys.
Techokami

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects