Star Trek TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Star Trek TC

Post by Wiw »

Oh no, the newest build has problems! I get this message when trying to load it.

Code: Select all

:actors/zscript/weapons/weaponsbase.txt, line 85: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function CreateTossable

Execution could not continue.

1 errors, 0 warnings while compiling :actors/zscript/npcs.txt
I don't know what it means, but now the whole thing is unplayable! Come to think of it, has any progress been made at all with this TC?
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Are you running the current GZDoom release or newer? I don't have any errors in my working copy, and that code hasn't changed (It's part of the code that makes your player actor drop/spawn all of your weapons when you die).

Progress has been slow... Real life (and Blade of Agony work) have been taking a lot of my time, but work is still ongoing (I have pending GitHub commit with 2000+ changes - mostly in file structure and reorganization, but a bunch of content as well). A lot of my work in Blade of Agony has made its way into (or originated in) this mod, so there's that, too... I've slowly been converting everything (including a bunch of the ACS - like the on-screen hud map display) to ZScript, and have added a few new models and items.

I also am in significant need of mapping motivation (or collaboration). ...and energy, but that's a different problem.

EDIT: Bonus Screenshot:
Not edited except for resizing. In game, the planets orbit around the sun, and the Enterprise orbits around the planet that you can partially see bottom right...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Despite how the other project and real life treating you, you're doing a great job and i didn't forgotten this. Gotta love enterprise's model and the light!
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

AFADoomer wrote:Are you running the current GZDoom release or newer? I don't have any errors in my working copy, and that code hasn't changed (It's part of the code that makes your player actor drop/spawn all of your weapons when you die).
Does using a dev build count?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

This looks amazing AFA, pretty sure it's even better in motion :)
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

@Torm - Yes, it is! :-). I've never had any luck recording video of GZDoom sessions, or I'd upload a quick clip...
Wiw wrote:Does using a dev build count?
It should be working, then... I'll try to clean some things up and push a commit this weekend. Never mind... Pushed everything just now. Let me know if you get errors with this build.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

wolf00 wrote:i think you can use xindi reptilants/insectoids in role of emenies,in your mod
Pfffff get up on outta here with your enterprise

@Galaxy_Stranger: I've been wanting to do something with Borg stuff lately - any chance I can grab dat Borg cube?
Galaxy_Stranger

Post by Galaxy_Stranger »

Yeah, I'll see about it tomorrow after work. What form do you want it in?
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

A work in progress...
Galaxy_Stranger

Post by Galaxy_Stranger »

Beautiful!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”