A_Shatter(class)

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Cutmanmike
Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

A_Shatter(class)

Post by Cutmanmike »

This would pretty much be the same effect as the one when you shatter a monster in a frozen death state. However, the "class" argument could be any custom actor. For example, A_Shatter("GibbedMarine") would spew out guts everywhere.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

You might want to play around with A_SpawnDebris. Look at the example WAD that comes with .96x.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

But does that have the same effect as this? I thought spawndebris just came from a single point in the actor, and not all over?
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

It's the closest thing you got (and judging from the state of things the closest you may get in the foreseeable future.)
justin024

Post by justin024 »

you can do a lot with spawn, getactorx/y/z, thrustthingz and random(). You could even make an endless fountain of guts :twisted:
And thrustthing will soon support any tid which will help. At the moment this is not possible because of thrustthing not supporting any TID. Wait 'till 2.0.97 and it will be possible from any point in the level. If you didn't want it coming from a single point, random() could solve that.

EDIT: I just realized how much I like the fountain of guts idea. My mod will now have some gut fountains after certain events have passed. Strife's "meat" class seems to be just right for this. Although converting from Strife to Doom's pallette means losing some of the redness and having to put it back manually :| I thought decorate would work for x/y movement, but it doesn't in conjunction spawn. In 2.0.96, you would need to use thing_projectilegravity which requires a static teleportation point (damn). The only drawback to using ACS vs. a decorate class would be that ACS could only (and always) be triggered after a monster dies (whether it be death, xdeath, freeze, burn, etc.), rather than any given state.
Last edited by justin024 on Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:55 am, edited 17 times in total.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Yeah, that's the limitations of 8BPP...

:twisted:
solarsnowfall

Post by solarsnowfall »

Check out the "Real Combat" mod, the thread is in the Editing section. I thas a very convincing shattered glass effect IMO.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Erm..... We're not after shattered glass. READ THE REST OF THE THREAD BEFORE POSTING :P

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions”