[Forum] Getting rid of Stife Bugs and/or Vexing Bugs

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

HobbsTiger1

[Forum] Getting rid of Stife Bugs and/or Vexing Bugs

Post by HobbsTiger1 »

Lets face it. Whatever purpose Strife Bugs and Vexing Bugs had is pretty well gone. There was a time when both had a decent number of reports in them, but that time is long gone. Especially Strife Bugs. They could be merged with the standard Bugs forum and bugs of their nature could easily be identified.

Strife Bug Example: The thread title says " [96] Crash while playing strife..." or the post mentions strife or the crash log obviously says all you need to know about what wads were being played.

Vexing Bug Example: If a bug is determined to be vexing after whatver point of time it usually takes [Vexing] could be added to the thread title, by either a mod or randy.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

I agree. But I won't do anything about it without randy's permission.
HobbsTiger1

Post by HobbsTiger1 »

Bio Hazard wrote:I agree. But I won't do anything about it without randy's permission.
Unless randy installed that really stupid "moderator access to admin panel" (wtf is that for, just make the person an admin damnit) thing you can't anyway. But I'm glad to know you like the idea.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

I can access most of the admin panel. But it seems I can't get to the part I would need to to do this.

It's a better job for randy anyway.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

The Strife bugs forum should go. I think all of the Strife gameplay bugs this was originally for have been fixed long ago.

Vexing bugs is another matter though. This is just a dumping ground for strange hard to find bugs. I think it should be kept as a reference. Maybe it will serve some good eventually.

What's more important IMO is a 'Closed Feature requests' forum. Face it, the feature requests forum is flooded with crap and redundancy. Unless there's a place to move the stuff that has been dealt with it will become utterly pointless to post there because nothing is noticed anymore. While in the beginning it was a good idea by now I think that it is useless to submit stuff there. It gets lost faster than you can look.
Medricel

Post by Medricel »

Graf Zahl wrote:What's more important IMO is a 'Closed Feature requests' forum.
Seconded.

I also agree with the idea of merging Strife Bugs with regular Bugs. And I ain't talkin' about rabbits!
justin024

Post by justin024 »

Graf Zahl wrote:What's more important IMO is a 'Closed Feature requests' forum. Face it, the feature requests forum is flooded with crap and redundancy. Unless there's a place to move the stuff that has been dealt with it will become utterly pointless to post there because nothing is noticed anymore. While in the beginning it was a good idea by now I think that it is useless to submit stuff there. It gets lost faster than you can look.
You're not kidding. About 95% of everything there is crapola. The forum name should be changed to 'lots of bad ideas'. What is really repugnant is when people post ideas that already are in zdoom or can already be acheived.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Did you really need to bump this just to say that? :?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I'm bumping this post just to say this, so why not?
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

justin024 wrote: You're not kidding. About 95% of everything there is crapola. The forum name should be changed to 'lots of bad ideas'. What is really repugnant is when people post ideas that already are in zdoom or can already be acheived.

My biggest problem is that this forum is pointless as it is handled at the moment. If done properly Randy should comment on ideas and close/move inappropriate topics.

But as long as he remains silent and doesn't even give hints about what he is thinking this will collect even more useless nonsense in which the good ideas drown. Why do you think I don't suggest/submit anything new here? It's a waste of time!

I said it before this forum was opened and repeatedly during its existence: This forum needs much more control. Tossing more or less stupid ideas around without even the slightest hint whether something might be done is a hopelessly pointless thing.
Last edited by Graf Zahl on Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoomRater
Discord: DoomRater#6308

Post by DoomRater »

I assume you are keeping around any ideas you do have and will lump them together eventually, when you see Randy posting in there again?
Shadelight
Discord: Shadelight#4920

Post by Shadelight »

no-one's posted in those forums anyway so why not get rid of them?
DoomRater
Discord: DoomRater#6308

Post by DoomRater »

justin024

Post by justin024 »

I like the way that certain suggestions that won't be implemented are red (multiplayer splitscreen). Maybe ones that will be used could be blue. Now if somebody would color a few pages worth of topics... It would be easier than responding to every one.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Graf Zahl wrote:What's more important IMO is a 'Closed Feature requests' forum. Face it, the feature requests forum is flooded with crap and redundancy. Unless there's a place to move the stuff that has been dealt with it will become utterly pointless to post there because nothing is noticed anymore. While in the beginning it was a good idea by now I think that it is useless to submit stuff there. It gets lost faster than you can look.
A temporary fix could be for the mods or the thread starter to put [Added], [Won't add], [Crap] etc. in front of the title of each thread so we know which are sorted and which aren't. Maybe lock them too.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions”