[No] Tilting the view angle...

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Tilting the view angle...

Postby farlowj » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:42 pm

Seeing the screenshots from the work in progress for .97 or whatever number it is, I was curious. Would it be possible then to have a camera tilt to one side, or do like a barrel roll or something like that? If you don't know what I mean, I'll try to be more specific...

The camera usually can pan side to side, and pitch up and down, with this new code, would it be possible to add an extra flag or property or something that would allow the camera to tilt a certain degree? Do you get what I mean?

If not, then this is a feature request. Would it take a lot of coding and not be worth the effort?
farlowj
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Postby Lexus Alyus » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:11 am

It look like this will be easy to do once 97 is out because 97 will have a proper 3D renderer. Zdoom... and doom's renderer aren't even remotely true 3D!

:twisted:
Lexus Alyus
One day, I may actually release something...

Postby Wills » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:17 am

Lexus Alyus wrote:It look like this will be easy to do once 97 is out because 97 will have a proper 3D renderer.

:shock:

So we can build 3D floors and stuff?
Wills

Postby Nash » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:43 am

Hmm, I'm not sure if 97 will even have that Polymost-like renderer. I thought those screenshots was from something Randy was "playing around" with?
Nash
AKA Nash Muhandes! Twitter/Facebook/Youtube: nashmuhandes

Twitch ID: nashmuhandes
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby Xaser » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:46 am

I seriously doubt that .97 will have POLYMOST implemented. The thing that's been taking such a while is the transition to a floating-point system, which is nearly finished, IIRC. Those screenshots were just untextured samples that he was messing around with or something, like Nash said. :P
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby Lexus Alyus » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:55 am

No, true 3D gameplay won't mean 3D floors... although I suspect it would be easier to implement them once polymost is in.

I seriously doubt that randy would go to all the trouble to add polymost just to take it out for the next release...

:twisted:L
Lexus Alyus
One day, I may actually release something...

Return to Closed Feature Suggestions