[Closed] Whats with this new options menu?

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Whats with this new options menu?

Postby ZDL_800 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:29 pm

Hello.

Why have you put options within options? You now have to scan the first page to realize mod options are not there, to then scan to 'Full Options' to then scan the page again to find what you looking for? Who thought this was a good idea? It looks a mess.

The options menu was perfect, you didn't need this double page now its just annoying going through 2 panels now?
ZDL_800
Banned User

Re: Whats with this new options menu?

Postby Graf Zahl » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:49 pm

There was demand for a simpler, more newbie-friendly options menu.
The old one is still there, even containing an option to disable the simple one.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby ZDL_800 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:06 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Who demanded a more simpler options menu? A 10year old could work these menu's out?

I personally think its less noob friendly, with now options within options with repeated panels on each page.

So can I quote 'demand' the options be put back?? Maybe cast a community vote?

You must have had a wave of 9year olds who cant read, demand these changes, it makes no sense? Mind boggling how users cant navigate the was absolute perfect menu system? Graf it was perfect.

User was warned for making lots of antagonistic posts like this one lately --Rachael
ZDL_800
Banned User

Postby Caligari87 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:13 pm

It's still there and you can have it back as the default by togging the option. Stop complaining.

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby phantombeta » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:17 pm

ZDL_800 wrote:So can I quote 'demand' the options be put back?? Maybe cast a community vote?

There's literally an option in the full options menu, right there, in an entirely different colour from everything else in that menu: "Simple Options Menu: On/Off".

You must have had a wave of 9year olds who cant read, demand these changes, it makes no sense? Mind boggling how users cant navigate the was absolute perfect menu system? Graf it was perfect.

No, you're saying that because you're used to it, and already know how to navigate it. 9 year olds absolutely would not be able to navigate this menu, and there's nothing perfect about it - people have been requesting something better for literal years.
phantombeta
Tired of being treated like trash by control freaks

Postby ZDL_800 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:40 pm

As a developer, I know when I see a good menu.

GZDoom was a perfect menu, it was never broken, that's all I'm saying.

I still don't understand who demanded this from the devs? To me, this is a complete waste of what is essentially very finite and extremely valuable Developer time.

I'm sorry for complaining but just updated the GZDoom and experiencing serious issues, lots of broken features on our side, ie screen tear from vsync which does not activate, black screen on cameras with resize active, and users demand this from the devs?

Wasn't broken, no need to add anything.
ZDL_800
Banned User

Postby Rachael » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:05 pm

This should've been closed with [Nonsense].

At any rate I am not interested in an argument. So this thread is being locked.

If you can't see the reasoning why we did what we did, there is absolutely no point in trying to explain it to you, and I am not going to try and "appease" you because it's simply not worth the time - and it's likely a futile effort, anyway.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Closed Feature Suggestions