[No] ACS_Change Global Pallette

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Postby Ryan Cordell » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:00 am

Graf Zahl wrote:Even the underwater palette? I always thought that was a completely different palette.

Using a sector tag of 2 (Lotag) in Duke3d will usually get you the underwater pallete. But if you just click 1 on the PAL list, it'd come out blue, 6 for a weird glowing green one and so on..
Ryan Cordell
PDA Man

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Nmn » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:47 pm

It's impossible to use different pallettes on different things in 8-bit mode because as it suggest-the screen can display a maximum of only 256 colors at once.
Nmn
Stay creative, my friends.

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Grubber » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:33 am

@Graf: dunno about underwater, but for walls/floors/ceilings you can select different colormaps.
Grubber
I can wire anything directly into anything. I am the professor!

Postby Vader » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:38 am

The underwater palette is a completely new one I believe!
If you check out Duke´s palette, you´ll notice that there aren´t any purple colors AFAIK (except the bright pink, wich is used as background).
However, if you look at a corpse under water, the blood has a little violet touch in it!
Vader
Mandroid ginger Ninja

Postby Nmn » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:01 am

That is entirely true. Things above the water have a normal pallette, under the water have a new one (underwater) but because the water surface occludes Your view You cannot see 2 pallettes at the same time (obvious, otherwise it would render more than 256 colors = impossible). A nice idea of adding more colors.

What about my suggestion? :sadno: This way it would be much easier to add stuff like the Duke-style underwater pallette.
Nmn
Stay creative, my friends.

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Skunk » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:07 am

Duke does has purple. At least, Atomic Edition does. Otherwise the last level wouldn't work. It's entirely purple and green, and the last boss is teal and purple.
Skunk

Postby Belial » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:43 am

Only the new acid uses purple/violet colors, the level is actually gray and green, and a lot of underwater areas. And the queen is blue, but you're fighting it underwater so...
Belial
MC™

Previous

Return to Closed Feature Suggestions