[Mostly done] A few requests

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

A few requests

Postby Darkhaven » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:23 am

+TRANQUILIZER:

Maybe some sort of flag to be applied to hitscan weapons or projectiles that will stun an enemy for "reaction time * 8" ? Also as an addendum to this "feature", would it be possible to add the ability to define Tranquilized states in DECORATE? If states are not defined, the thing would go into it's death animation and be resurrected "reaction time * 8" tics later...

A_TrankTracker pointer in DECORATE:
A simple pointer to add a single tic every time the frame is looped, up until (reaction time * 8) tics are reached, at which point either the frame with the A_WakeUp pointer is played through or the Resurrection states are played...?

Thing_SpecialProjectile();

I suggest for a quick way to define "special projectile loops" you take a quick look at this:

Code: Select allExpand view

Thing_SpecialProjectile(placementID, nextID, ThingtoShoot, thingID, <translations>);

placementID : The place number that this projectile is, referenced by nextID.

nextID : The next time the monster with a Thing ID equal to 'thingID', the Thing_SpecialProjectile(); command with this number as 'placementID' is used.

ThingtoShoot : What object to use as a projectile, as defined either in the standard form (T_IMP for example), or as referenced by DECORATE.

thingID : Any monster or Mapspot(gravity) with this ID will shoot this projectile and the following projectile sequence if applicable. (I was thinking that this could be done by something like MapSpotProjectile(thingID, placementID), if you see where I'm going with this)

translations : Follows the same structure as Thing_SetTranslation, except you don't need to use a ThingID for what should bear the translation.

Thing_ForceDirection();

Maybe the first use you think of for this script action won't be in the front of your mind, but it may be useful later.

Thing_ForceDirection(thingID, direction);

thingID : The ThingID of the object whose direction you wish to change.

direction : The direction you want the Thing to face. If possible, it would be cool if this could be done with something like D_NORTH, D_SOUTHEAST, etc.

GetActorX();, GetActorY(); and GetActorZ();

GetActorX(thingID, actortype);
GetActorY(thingID, actortype);
GetActorZ(thingID, actortype);

thingID = the Thing ID of whatever you want to retreive the polar* coordinates from.

actortype = set 0 for a monster or other non-player object, set 1, 2, 3, or 4 for a player object of the corresponding (positive) number, or type AllPlayers to get all the player coordinates at once(???)

* = I don't recall completely, but while I was working on DarkDoom a long time back, it appeared as if clipping along LINEDEFs was determined through polar coordinates, which is sorta silly. Can anyone confirm this?
:(

That's it.
Last edited by Darkhaven on Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkhaven
OMG WALLHACK

Postby TheDarkArchon » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:27 am

GetActorX,Y and Z are already in, using TID's
TheDarkArchon
OUT!

Postby Darkhaven » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:28 am

Heh
Darkhaven
OMG WALLHACK

Postby TheDarkArchon » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:29 am

Also, SetAngle is in 2.0.96x
TheDarkArchon
OUT!

Postby Darkhaven » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:31 am

God dammit.

BUT YOU STILL CAN'T TOUCH MY THING_SPECIALPROJECTILE(); SHIT NOW CAN YOU?!/!?!!1one
Darkhaven
OMG WALLHACK

Postby TheDarkArchon » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:33 am

BTW, SpawnID's wouldn't be used if THING_SPECIALPROJECTILE: Proper names would be used.
TheDarkArchon
OUT!

Postby Darkhaven » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:35 am

Why not? DoomEdNum in DECORATE is basically the same as the numbers those T_THING macros are hiding, from what I've seen, and the DECORATE names for actors can in theory be thought of as macros for the DoomEdNums.
Last edited by Darkhaven on Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkhaven
OMG WALLHACK

Postby TheDarkArchon » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:36 am

No they aren't: They are different numbers.
TheDarkArchon
OUT!

Postby Darkhaven » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:36 am

I give up.
Darkhaven
OMG WALLHACK

Postby Graf Zahl » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:54 am

:laff:
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby Darkhaven » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:56 am

Graf Zahl wrote::laff:

Yeah, you keep laughing your ass off over there, Graf. I'd like to see anyone with an easier way to do a Thing_SpecialProjectile(); action than mine, more specifically, one that uses less arguments but the same level of functionality.
Darkhaven
OMG WALLHACK

Postby Graf Zahl » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:14 am

I really don't see what you want to do there. To me it looks that you'd like to have code that you'd have to script yourself moved into the engine.
Graf Zahl

Postby Cutmanmike » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:58 am

Thing_ForceDirection(); seems the only logical one here. And we need it.
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby TheDarkArchon » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:05 am

What do you think Thing_SetAngle in 2.0.96x is?
TheDarkArchon
OUT!

Postby Darkhaven » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:07 am

Graf Zahl wrote:I really don't see what you want to do there. To me it looks that you'd like to have code that you'd have to script yourself moved into the engine.

I'd like to see how to script Thing_SpecialProjectile(); please.
Darkhaven
OMG WALLHACK

Next

Return to Closed Feature Suggestions