Easily modifiable PSprite rolling/scaling...

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

DoomKrakken

Easily modifiable PSprite rolling/scaling...

Post by DoomKrakken »

I'd like to request the functionality of easily rolling/scaling PSprites in GZDoom to be implemented.

As it currently stands, there is a functionality to roll sprites, but not PSprites, in GZDoom. If I want to rotate PSprites, I have to mock it in manually in, say, GIMP... and this is extremely time consuming (not to mention unfeasible if I decided to do so with every sprite for a weapon). Scaling has to be applied to each sprite individually in TEXTURES, which means that if I want to change the scale of some sprites, I can't do it in the code, but rather, I have to go back into TEXTURES and recalculate the new scales by hand to be used. While useful, it's also extremely time consuming and unfeasible especially considering I have hundreds of sprites to work with that would need to be resized (which I do).

Using functions that can allow us to manage roll/scale of PSprites will drastically cut down the amount of time we'd need to animate weapons in our mods... and even give us a new dimension of better animation since we can roll them while they're being animated.

Can we have such a feature put into the engine soon?
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Easily modifiable PSprite rolling/scaling...

Post by Major Cooke »

Already suggested. But it would be nice to have for certain.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”