[DECORATE] Damage type based pain states

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

[DECORATE] Damage type based pain states

Post by wildweasel »

In the vein of EDGE, I'd much appreciate if a series of special pain states for monsters was added to correspond to specific damage types, like "FlamePain" or "DisintPain" and the like. A good way to demonstrate the usage of such things would be, for example, a taser weapon that does very little HP damage, but the monster's ElecPain state would have the monster being zapped instead of flinching in pain (to see a practical application, look at WW-BNI for EDGE).
MasterOFDeath
... in rememberance ...

Post by MasterOFDeath »

Agreed. Would be a nice addition. I demand it is added, or else I will hold you all hostage! *gets gun*
Anakin S.

Post by Anakin S. »

A related feature suggestion might be the possibility of making monsters take different amounts of damage depending on the type of projectile used. For instance, a cyberdemon might be immune to normal rocket explosions but would be putty in the hands of a disintegrating nuke. So monsters can be resistent to certain kinds of projectiles.
Risen

Post by Risen »

I concur.
HobbsTiger1

Post by HobbsTiger1 »

Check the Boss Monster resource wad and take a look at the cyberdemon-type monster (try and shoot a bfg at it) I think this is the sort of thing your talking about.
Anakin S.

Post by Anakin S. »

If you're referring to the tracers, I know that the normal BFG does lots more damage than the rocket because it has tracers, which the cyber demon is not immune to. But I'm talking about making it so that while a normal rocket's splash damage (normal damage) doesn't dent the cyberdemon's flesh, a nuclear missile's splash damage (disintegrate damage) does. I just think it would be a good thing to have at the designer's disposal (Unmaker, anyone?).
Last edited by Anakin S. on Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HobbsTiger1

Post by HobbsTiger1 »

EDIT: NVM I must be thinking of something else.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

And can we have it so we create projectiles that do special effects when they hit a monster (eg. freezing it or slowing it down etc.)

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”