Blood colors fix

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

masterkark

Blood colors fix

Post by masterkark »

Blue blood for cacodemons, green for barons and knights, fuzzy/semi-invisible for spectres, and no blood for lost souls, and maybe dark-red for revenants. This is one of the most commonly used community-made enhancements so I thought it would be nice to implement this built-in.

Note: In previous topic I made, this suggestion was rejected as too far from core game. But, since for example jumping and crouching are on by default and they alter the gameplay massively, allowing for new shortcuts and glitches, I think such cosmetic change wouldn't take it too far at all, since this feature was probably supposed to be in the actual game but wasn't due to technical limitations, abolishing of which is one of the main reasons of making source ports. Also, dynamic lights =/= vanilla for example.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Blood colors fix

Post by Rachael »

masterkark wrote:Note: In previous topic I made, this suggestion was rejected as too far from core game. But, since for example jumping and crouching are on by default and they alter the gameplay massively, allowing for new shortcuts and glitches, I think such cosmetic change wouldn't take it too far at all, since this feature was probably supposed to be in the actual game but wasn't due to technical limitations, abolishing of which is one of the main reasons of making source ports. Also, dynamic lights =/= vanilla for example.
If you may have noticed, ever since DECORATE and ACS, and then later on ZScript have become the block standard for modding, there were ever few of any additions like these made to the game engine, under the assumption that if the player wanted such things they could create a mod and customize it themselves.

That remains the case here. This is a clear [DIY], and has already been rejected. If you want it, you must make a mod for it, and you will have to set it to auto load or something.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Just out of interest, is there a readily available mod that already does this? The only ones that I can think of do other things as well (e.g. add more gore).
Nash

Post by Nash »

Enjay wrote:Just out of interest, is there a readily available mod that already does this? The only ones that I can think of do other things as well (e.g. add more gore).
Made one to be loaded as a companion to Nash's Gore Mod Vengeance Editon that ONLY adds colourized blood. :D

(because NGM:VE is meant to be a universal mod therefore altering actor blood is considered illegal)

download/file.php?id=33887

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”