[No] Make various CCMD debug commands avaliable from zscript

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Make various CCMD debug commands avaliable from zscript

Postby Apeirogon » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:10 am

For example, I have mod which changes a lot AI of monster, to make them more...."intelligent", i.e. covers search/ check actor in line of fire/etc.
But this "intelligent" monsters create much more load on CPU, comparing to the standard monster chase() function, so I want to know which monster can actually act, without drops gzdoom fps to 14 frame in one hour and a half hour. Gzdoom load on processor at all, in other words.

More precisely, I want to have, read only of course, access to stats thinks/thinker and profilethinkers 8 [number] CCMD to say a script how much times it must execute in one tick.
Apeirogon
I have a strange sense of humour

Re: Make various CCMD debug commands avaliable from zscript

Postby Graf Zahl » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:15 am

Aside from not being stable for gameplay purposes, some of these are also high overhead features. It makes zero sense to make them visible to the playsim.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom Developer

Postby Kinsie » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:34 am

These fancy AI functions could likely also be optimised based on whether the actor can see the player (or has seen the player, ever) or not - the player probably isn't going to care if the enemy is actively seeking cover if they're on the other side of the map and they've never met before.
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby Apeirogon » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:15 pm

Yes, it can, and would do so.
But I dont know how much actors can use this AI function to hunt donw its target. 100 is enough? And what if it used with high detailed/large map like this viewtopic.php?f=42&t=49163 or those map from sunlust, map23 I think.
For some Intel i-777, GTX 65536, 4294967296 GB RAM its doesnt matter 100 actors or 10000000 call this new function, but for more realistic hardware even one actor can make difference between slideshow and 30 silky smooth fps. Function need to know at least some numbers of how fast is computer to decide what it must do.
Apeirogon
I have a strange sense of humour

Return to Closed Feature Suggestions