[Closed] [ZSDF] 'ExitMessage' Block

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

[ZSDF] 'ExitMessage' Block

Postby amv2k9 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:05 pm

The last choice in any ZSDF dialog is automatically added; a choice that simply exits the dialog without setting the conversation to another page in the process. This request is for a block that, when present, would replace the standard exit message with one that can be customized, albeit to a lesser degree than a standard 'choice' block. You'd be able to set 'text'. This is intended to work in tandem with the 'Randomized string support for additional parameters' suggestion; you could, for example, have randomly selected exit messages that are different when talking to a hostile NPC as opposed to friendly or neutral NPCs.
amv2k9
That Strife Guy

Re: [ZSDF] 'ExitMessage' Block

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:17 am

I suppose this would be to avoid the "thanks, bye" response to "we're going to kill you". :P
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Magician

Discord: Marisa Kirisame#4689
Twitch ID: magusmarisa

Postby Kinsie » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:37 am

This already exists, at least for static, non-random messages, as the "goodbye" key. It doesn't seem to be on the Wiki, though. I should probably fix that.

Code: Select allExpand view
Conversation
{
   id = 8;
   Page
   {
      name = "Guard";
      dialog = "We're going to kill you!";
      goodbye = "Eek! How scary!";
   }
}

EDIT: I've updated the ZDoom Strife Dialog Format wiki page with the exclusive features of that namespace.
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby amv2k9 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:40 pm

Kinsie wrote:This already exists, at least for static, non-random messages, as the "goodbye" key.
That's cool. Certainly an improvement over "WE'RE GOING TO KILL YOU!" "Thanks, bye!", even if you can't randomize it.
EDIT: I've updated the ZDoom Strife Dialog Format wiki page with the exclusive features of that namespace.
Thanks for that!
amv2k9
That Strife Guy

Postby amv2k9 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:27 pm

This can be closed; I didn't realize until recently that 'goodbye' can in fact take random strings defined in LANGUAGE, which means you can have as many as ten, not just the three random strings in vanilla Strife's exit message.
amv2k9
That Strife Guy

Return to Closed Feature Suggestions