Monster commanded by letters

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Daniel

Monster commanded by letters

Post by Daniel »

How about make a flag called "+FOLLOWCOMMANDS" for monsters? It should work in the monsters with +FRIENDLY. This new flag would allow the monsters to obey these commands:

C_SearchForMonsters -> When activated (this command and all the others could be binded), the monsters will search for enemies;

C_Follow -> The monsters will search for the Player, then they will follow him;

C_SearchAndFollow -> The monsters will follow the player, until they find monsters; when they finished killing the monsters, they will back to follow the player;

C_Free -> Set the monsters free for go to any direction, independent for the player;

And also if a flag called "+LIKEPLAYER" could be added, to make the monster take items and guns, just like the player. If this second tag could be set, there won't be need of bots because you can make your own custom bots! And also with the tag bellow (+FOLLOWCOMMANDS), they will be bots that follow the player desire!!!!

Saying the thing I always say now: I don't know if this would take a lot of coding, but certainly is a great idea! Just tell here what you think...
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

You have no idea how limited Doom's AI is, do you?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Apparently not. Especially the +LIKEPLAYER part is nearly impossible.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

No, I don't know anything further about the code. I'll try to dream less :(
Jim

Post by Jim »

:idea: Hmm... I wonder if you could have a squad of soldiers that you can order around by binding keys to some scripts that set a monster's current hate target. Give each of the soldiers their own tids so that you can command them individually, as well as as a group and also give all of the other monsters tids so you can set them as hate targets. Then, you can make scripts that, for example, set one of these friendly soldier's current hate target to the nearest monster, or the most difficult to kill one or the easiest to kill. (You could check all of the monsters' hit points to determine this or use your own custom ranking of the difficulty of different monsters).

I haven't really fooled around with scripting much, so I'm not completely certain, but I think all of these things could already be done without any changes whatsoever to ZDoom itself.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Well, scripting is another thing I'm dumb. But with the actual engine you can also make 2 teams that can fight against other, with the +friendly flag...
David Ferstat

Post by David Ferstat »

The only way you could create teams like that would be to give all monsters on the same team the same TID.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Something I didn't know how to use is the "Thing Hate" stuff. What is it? Is it an action that I can use into DECORATE Stats? How does it works and what are its parameters?
David Ferstat

Post by David Ferstat »

You can find out about Thing_Hate here.

You use Thing_Hate from ACS, if I recall correctly.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”