Auto-Auto-Aim

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Pixel Eater

Location: In between the Moon and you, between the buried and me.

Auto-Auto-Aim

Post by Pixel Eater »

This could be a cool option which overrides auto-aim to it's maximum during chasecam and/or automap play. With automap it would also need to center the view and disable mouselook to be effective.
Is there currently a way to show discovered monsters and items in automap without cheating and revealing the entire level?
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Auto-Auto-Aim

Post by Matt »

Can't you just bind an alias to enable autoaim and chase at once?
Pixel Eater

Post by Pixel Eater »

That's a good idea if I were to want this for myself, could that retain the custom value for the autoaim though? The idea came about while brainstorming what new users would want to see.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

It would be the same as a fov-toggling key (which I have): make 2 aliases, each setting the cvar to the one they need and then ending with a rebind to the other.

And this is extremely specific and non-canonical to be a reasonable expectation for someone who just downloaded a Doom sourceport.
Pixel Eater

Post by Pixel Eater »

Thanks Matt, the last time I made a FOV toggle bind was in a Quake port that I think was buggy so it's the last thing I think to try now. Anyway, it was only a casual suggestion for the engine and I thought a playable automap might be well received with Brutal Mood coming out.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”