New Forum

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Pure Hellspawn

New Forum

Post by Pure Hellspawn »

There should be a forum where people can announce upcoming projects and projects that are released/abandoned/delayed etc. It would sort of be like Doomworld's Wads & Mods,. but it would focus on ZDoom projects only.
Belial

Post by Belial »

You fail it! What's the editing forum for then, huh?

6 projects running on the first topic page. Actually 5, since KDiZD moved to Tha Seekrit Forum.

No new forum needed.
Pure Hellspawn

Post by Pure Hellspawn »

The editing forum is used to talk about the various editors and how to edit levels etc. Doomworld has an editing forum too, along with a wads & mods forum.

The difference is that the editing forum would be used to discuss how editors work, how to use features in editors (like inserting 3D Graphics, Scripting in ACS etc. while the projects sections would be used to discuss upcoming projects and their status)
Belial

Post by Belial »

I see your point, but that would require changing stuff that people are already used to.

Also, I don't think there would be enough pure ZDoom projects to keep a separate forum alive.
Sir_Alien

Post by Sir_Alien »

Belial wrote:I see your point, but that would require changing stuff that people are already used to.

Also, I don't think there would be enough pure ZDoom projects to keep a separate forum alive.
Also, consider the question "Is it really necessary? Has the community functioned without it up until now? Will it bring any major benefits?"

People who've wanted to pimp their projects or give status updates in the General forum. It's worked quite well until now. I don't think we need to create further segregation of the general forum. It'll just get messy.
Belial

Post by Belial »

Sir_Alien wrote: It's worked quite well until now.
Exactly. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”