Action Special to reveal lines on automap

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

_mental_

Re: Action Special to reveal lines on automap

Post by _mental_ »

Actually, I realized that the first change should have RockstarRaccoon as commiter, not me. I'll force push PR without touching changes.
RockstarRaccoon

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

_mental_ wrote:This is how in my opinion the given feature should be implemented.
That works too. I was actually meaning to bug you about it, seeing as you've messed with this the most. What about the revealing stuff though?
Graf Zahl wrote:Regarding the line endings, what tools are you using? If it screws up the line endings it must bypass some parts of how Git processes files before committing them.
I'm using the VisualStudio setup that you guys supposedly use. It asked st some point whether to convert them to Windows or Unix, but I really wasn't sure which one you were using. Whst should it be?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Use whatever is native to your system - that's how .gitattributes is set up. So use CRLF.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:What about the revealing stuff though?
There are two commits in this PR. The first one adds 'revealed' flag.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:I'm using the VisualStudio setup that you guys supposedly use. It asked st some point whether to convert them to Windows or Unix, but I really wasn't sure which one you were using. Whst should it be?
This sounds like a problem with your Git client that does checkout with Unix style line ending (LF only) on Windows.
RockstarRaccoon

_mental_ wrote:This sounds like a problem with your Git client
Oh dear, he thinks I used the Git client instead of just downloading the zip... I don't have experience with Git guys, that's why the line endings are wrong. That, and Visual Studio apparently sees Unix line endings and decides I must want Windows ones...
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Trial by fire is exactly how I learned to use Git, don't go thinking this trouble is unique to you. :)

Git takes a lot of personality from its creator, in that it's a stubborn little git but it'll work with you and make your life a lot easier once you know how to work with it.

https://help.github.com/articles/dealin ... e-endings/ This document basically says this will change it to properly deal with it on all repositories that don't already have it configured:

Code: Select all

git config --global core.autocrlf true
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

_mental_ wrote:This is how in my opinion the given feature should be implemented.
Shouldn't the udmf specs be updated as well?
RockstarRaccoon

Blue Shadow wrote:Shouldn't the udmf specs be updated as well?
Do you mean the way it loads udmf files? If so, that's these 2 blocks. If you mean that the format specifications listed for GZDoom need to change, they might be holding off until this is closer to release. Someone (potentially me) still needs to program in the line_setFlag stuff.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

No. The specifications file. It should contain a brief description of the new items.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Yeah, this file.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

UDMF spec file has a random mixture of spaces and tabs as leading indent characters. I would like to make it consistent. What’s the right indent character?
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Space. This should be printer friendly.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: Oh dear, he thinks I used the Git client instead of just downloading the zip... I don't have experience with Git guys, that's why the line endings are wrong. That, and Visual Studio apparently sees Unix line endings and decides I must want Windows ones...
Install Git for windows (i think i used default settings) and TortoiseGit. Clone the GZDoom repo, create a new branch from master and do your modifications there. In the PR target GZDoom master from your branch in your repo. Your source in your hard disk must be inside a Git repository.
RockstarRaccoon

This feature request should probably be closed now. :3

https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/pull/485/commits
https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/pull/490/commits

485 added a flag to UDMF and the linedef
490 added a line special / ACS function to set it on the fly

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”