[No] Load/save menu

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Load/save menu

Postby Belial » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:27 am

It would be nice for the load and save menus to support PgUp, PgDown, Home and End keys. Or just some way to quickly move to <newsave>.
Belial
MC™

Postby Graf Zahl » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:32 am

Oh yes, that would be good. By default the cursor should always start on <newsave> in the save menu.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby Enjay » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 am

Graf Zahl wrote:By default the cursor should always start on <newsave> in the save menu.

You mean instead of on the save name currently being used (as present)?

No thank you very much! I really like and use the way it is ATM. Always starting on <newsave> would be a major PIA as far as I am concerned.

Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Graf Zahl » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:00 pm

So make it an option. I absolutely hate the current system and find it completely annoying.
If there was a multi-slot quicksave option it would be much better. How about that? Instead of assigning one of the slots to a quicksave it should be changed into something like the autosave with different names and a number of slots to cycle through. Of course the number of slots for this (and the autosaves) should be made configurable. 4 is a little low. I'd like to have 8.
Graf Zahl

Postby Enjay » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:34 pm

An option - fine, then everyone is happy. :)

As for the quicksave, again I like the current system. An option, however, harms no-one.

Not sure you meant this (perhaps you were just refering to quicksaves), but I thought the autosave numbers could already be varied. (my ini says autosavenum=3) or is the configuration any number up to and including 4?

Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Graf Zahl » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:42 pm

Enjay wrote:An option - fine, then everyone is happy. :)

As for the quicksave, again I like the current system. An option, however, harms no-one.

Not sure you meant this (perhaps you were just refering to quicksaves), but I thought the autosave numbers could already be varied. (my ini says autosavenum=3) or is the configuration any number up to and including 4?

The autosavenum only specifies the next slot to be used.

As for quicksave, it is useless if you want to keep your most recent savegames in case you made an error. If I could go 1, 2 or 3 back it would be a lot better!
Graf Zahl

Postby Belial » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:43 pm

I agree with Enjay on the default slot matter. It's better when you can just enter the save menu, quickly tap enter twice and continue with the game.

But it seems to me that currently by default the cursor goes to the first save made during a session.

Example: ATM I'm playing Equinox, so I saved something like Equinox1, ...2 and so on up to 5. When I was at 5 the cursor still started at Equinox1 and I had to move it down in the save menu. Load game works though (it stays at the most recently used one).
Belial
MC™

Postby Jim » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:04 pm

Belial wrote:But it seems to me that currently by default the cursor goes to the first save made during a session.

I have noticed that too, but I didn't think to report it as a bug, although it clearly is not the expected bahavior.
Jim
By the Power of Grayskull...I have the Source Code!

Postby Graf Zahl » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:05 pm

That's exactly where it goes - and that's what annoys me most about it. You have to be extremely careful not to delete something by accident.
Graf Zahl

Re: Load/save menu

Postby randi » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:50 pm

Belial wrote:some way to quickly move to <newsave>.

Press the N key. (Hooray for undocumented features!)
randi
Site Admin

Postby Belial » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:19 pm

Uber-thanks :D.
Belial
MC™

Re: Load/save menu

Postby Siggi » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:32 pm

randy wrote:(Hooray for undocumented features!)

I wonder how many more of these there are...... :?
Siggi

Postby Graf Zahl » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:43 am

Lots...
Graf Zahl

Return to Closed Feature Suggestions