Teleporter border line color on automap

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Hypersonic

Teleporter border line color on automap

Post by Hypersonic »

Currently it is blue, the same color as blue doors. Maybe it could be changed to a color that isn't already reserved for something else, or at least another shade of blue?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Teleporter border line color on automap

Post by Rachael »

These things can be customized, and as far as I know it comes from how Raven did the automap in their games (being Heretic/Hexen).

I leave such decisions to Graf, though.
Hypersonic

Post by Hypersonic »

Oh thanks, didn't know that could be customized with the menu. 'teleporter to the same map', is there a console cmd for this to put in my autoexec.cfg ?
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Hypersonic wrote:is there a console cmd for this to put in my autoexec.cfg ?
[wiki=CVARs:Automap#am_intralevelcolor]am_intralevelcolor[/wiki]
Hypersonic

Post by Hypersonic »

Awesome thanks for the link, so you can enter 1byte RGB values in hex format similar to HTML. Trying orangish or pinkish to distinguish from other lines.

I'm not sure what these are
am_secretwallcolor
am_specialwallcolor
am_wallcolor

I wonder if one of these shows walls that you can walk through, but can only see from one side.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Hypersonic wrote:Awesome thanks for the link, so you can enter 1byte RGB values in hex format similar to HTML. Trying orangish or pinkish to distinguish from other lines.

I'm not sure what these are
am_secretwallcolor
am_specialwallcolor
am_wallcolor

I wonder if one of these shows walls that you can walk through, but can only see from one side.
secret: lines that delimit a secret sector.
special: lines that have a player-triggerable special effect (other than a door)
wall: lines that are walls
Hypersonic

Post by Hypersonic »

I thought am_secretsectorcolor delimits secret sectors while am_secretwallcolor would be something else. Or is the first one the fill in color if you don't use texture background?

So am_specialwallcolor is for switches and triggerlines?

There are so many wall types; walls you can't see nor move through but can shoot through, walls you can move through but only see from one side, there are even walls that that monsters can't move through but you can like on Doom2 map10 (2 imps in the spotlight.) Going to try to make all these distinguishing colors to identify them all in the future.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Hypersonic wrote:I thought am_secretsectorcolor delimits secret sectors while am_secretwallcolor would be something else.
Oh yeah, sorry for confusion. Secret walls are the linedefs that are flagged as secret so that they appear as normal walls on the automap when not using the map cheat.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Rachael wrote:I leave such decisions to Graf, though.

It can be customized and the defaults won't be changed. There's no need to change anything.
Hypersonic

Post by Hypersonic »

Not sure if I should post this here, but some switches don't show up with am_specialwallcolor, like in the SE section of Doom2 map27. One might be hidden under a pink secret line, another is in an odd place, warp 976 -1952 128

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”