ADLMIDI support

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Wohlstand
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: ADLMIDI support

Post by Wohlstand »

Speaking about of adding other emulators into libADLMIDI: for now, I experimenting with libOPNMIDI where I have added ability to switch emulators at runtime and going to make same on libADLMIDI. I have tried to take JavaOPL3 for experiments, but it looks too integrated into GZDoom's code and needs to be refactored to allow use it as a standalone and independent library. In OPL3 Bank Editor (and in OPN2 Bank Editor) I have added an emulator benchmarking to compare the performance of various emulators. So, I still want to take a full set of OPLx emulators as possible to benchmark all of them.
Wohlstand
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: ADLMIDI support

Post by Wohlstand »

Csonicgo wrote:OH thank goodness! Is it possible to add the custom bank support too?

EDIT: I would use an offset filter or a high pass filter set to a low value, lowpass would be unneeded. It's the extreme low-end that's the problem, not the high end. you want everything 6Hz and up to be played. so set the high pass filter to 5 Hz and have the filter be 36-48dB or something, to Knock that whole 0-5Hz range out.
Just now I have checked out the DOOM's synth strings 4-notes chords (8 parallel channels in use) on one chip in the bank editor, and the clipping happens. It's going even before output will be written into the middle buffer, I.e. inside of emulator itself, and I bet, same will happen on the real chip which I'll test now on my Win98 computer.

EDIT: Okay, the filter will NOT help as the clip happens on ONE chip. The filter is intended to avoid future clip when multiple chips are exciting max sample value. Just now I tried my OPL3 Bank Editor to play chords with the same clip-ish SynthString1 instrument, and clipping has been reproduced, the same as in title theme of Heretic.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”