Modern OS-Worthy Icon

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

spamclark15

Modern OS-Worthy Icon

Post by spamclark15 »

So I see that GZDOOM is still using the microscopic Doomguy icon it was using a decade ago. I took a GZDOOM logo I found elsewhere on this forum and made it into an icon for you guys to use. Credit goes to the original icon's author.
Attachments
gzdoom_icon.7z
Icon contains all sizes (16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48, 256x256)
(69.79 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Nash

Re: Modern OS-Worthy Icon

Post by Nash »

It was already done 21 days ago: https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/com ... 56c91ced9c

Also, as a friendly reminder, if you are going to "find graphics from somewhere" and want to submit it into a free project, you'd better well research where you get it from and cite your sources/give proper credits.

GPL software is very touchy with regards to asset sources and is usually not taken lightly.

Lastly, for future contributions, consider setting up Git on your computer and send pull requests instead, as those have a better chance of being looked at/reviewed.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Further nitpicking (sorry in advance for this, I'm not trying to discourage you), but I notice it's only in Windows ICO format. Any consideration toward the macOS and Linux versions, perhaps? Or did that already get done in the other pull?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

It's nice of you to go through the effort of doing that.

Unfortunately, someone already beat you to it and as Nash pointed out, it's been in the repo for 3 weeks.

I would suggest trying out dev builds in order to avoid future faux pas such as this one. ;) But thank you, none the less!

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”