Transfer Wall Light

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Kirby

Transfer Wall Light

Post by Kirby »

There have been a few instances where this would be helpful to me in editing, and I'm sure there are other uses for it. It would be nice to have, but only if people think its a good idea :P
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

When I try to imagine a situation for this in my head, I can also see how the same situation can be done with just using floor and ceiling transfer lights. Still, some of those it would be much more convienent just to transfer a wall light. And although I can't imagine any, I'm sure somebody would find a neat effect or two to create with this. It also doesn't seem like it would be that hard to put in, so I guess it seems like a good idea to me.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

It's definitely a good idea. Any WAD that is doing something like this has to use incorrect sector linedefs or excessive sector splits to get the correct light level where it belongs. Just check out the crane in P:AR E1M3 for a good example of this.
Infurnus

Post by Infurnus »

People could use this for cool lighting effects, for example, you might have a light on the ground, but the ceiling is high, so usually you make the ceiling super high so there's a slime trail from the surrounding sectors. Now, what if your light was beneith a sector or two? Like Graf said, it's harder to get it to look right...

OffTopic: I must thank randy for the slope things :D they made my cool lighting effects work right in my skulltag project quaked...
justin024

Post by justin024 »

This could be useful for polyobjects that are supposed to be the walls of sectors with light specials. It looks strange when you have a wall that isn't blinking like the rest of the room
Grubber

Post by Grubber »

In addition to this, there would be a way to specify wall's/floor's/ceiling's translation.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”