A_OverlayScale

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Xaser

A_OverlayScale

Post by Xaser »

See title. There isn't any way of scaling PSprites aside from TEXTURES (which is often cumbersome), and dynamic scaling isn't yet a thing at all. An A_OverlayScale function ought to be the most flexible way of covering both cases.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: A_OverlayScale

Post by Rachael »

This has been asked about before. Barring the difficulty of coding it (the overlays have to micromanage themselves, utterly - it's not as simple as popping a sprite onto the screen), there's also the issue of the origin point (Doom's default origin point is the top of a 320x200 screen when no status bar is present), and having to scale relative to one of the bottom ones. I'm not going to outright say no to this, but it's not as simple as it sounds.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I wonder if some sort of Phpbb3 plugin for (opt-in) synonym-searching exists. I tried like 5 combinations of "scale", "overlay", and "weapon" to see if this had been requested before, but the magic combination "scale psprite" wasn't on my list. I keep hitting similar things all the time when trying to search about for ZScript how-to's. :(
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

To be fair, psprite is kind of an insider term. Not everyone thinks to use it right off the bat, it's not used very frequently outside of engine developers who work with the code and literally see it called "psprite".
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

That's true, though I did literally use the term "PSprite" in my request. This may just be another case of the Xaserbrain maxing out the "derp" meter. :P

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”