Display total play time on the main screen

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Atreju

Display total play time on the main screen

Post by Atreju »

I've recently been recording some speedrunning demos and I thought it would be useful to have your time right if front of you as you make your way through the map (just like the one you can see in the am mode). ZDoom doestn't seem to have this option, and switching to the am mode all the time is kind of difficult.
I don't know a lot about what ZDoom can do, neither do I have any experience with ZDoom features, so I thought maybe you guys could help?
Would be great if the thing worked under ZDoom 2.0.63.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

It might get added to a newer version but 2.0.63 is a year old. ZDoom has moved on. If you have to stick to that old version you won't get any new features... ;)
Atreju

Post by Atreju »

The reason we are using this version is we had no trouble at all viewing the demos of each other. Other versions seemed to have difficulties playing the demos made at other computers. Besides, the task doesn't involve anything very peculiar, so I don't believe that it can be made for ZDoom 2.0.94 only.
As to using a newer version, I actually have ZDaemon106, ZDoom 2.0.63, ZDoom 2.0.63a and ZDoom 2.0.94 folders next to one another on my drive. We just happend to start using the 2.0.63, and I don't see any reason to switch now.
Anyway, I would appreciate giving your opinion about if it's possible to be done at all, and if yes, could it be done for the version we're using?
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

It can be done but 2.0.63 is history. ZDoom has moved on and there is absolutely no reason to go back add features to old versions. If you want to stick to that version you have to do it yourself.
Atreju

Post by Atreju »

Hey, I would accept any variant somebody else will do :)
But still, is there such a great difference between 63 and 94 that the subj. won't be good for both?
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Yes, there is. .9x has full Strife support and a completely redesigned inventory system. The jump between .63a and .90 was not only a huge jump in version numbers, it was also a huge change to the code.
Atreju

Post by Atreju »

Good. I mean, not too good, but still. So is anybody here inspired with my idea to the extent of willing to make the thing?
Atreju

Post by Atreju »

up
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Don't bump threads here. Randy is currently in rewriting large parts of ZDoom's code and can't do any bug fixes and feature implementations. You will have to wait.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”