sv_overridegetcvar

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

ibm5155

Re: sv_overridegetcvar

Post by ibm5155 »

Eruanna wrote:Exactly. It's like - why even bother letting the mod check for the renderer? It's pointless. And plus, people STILL like to do silly ugh-worthy death scripts like GF2 did. (No offense, Cutman)
I did that on my "mod", the mod used alot of dynamic lights to make the map more "spooky", and since it was useless to software users, i just made the áreas near those static dynamic lights just more brighter...
But on the future since both renders (on zandronum) will have dynamic lights, I think the best thing to do is just to check if the user has dynamic lights on or off instead of the render.

edit:
what about about changing the software value to a new value? since it has so many stuff that will make the old render a 1994 toy (or just set it to 1)
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: sv_overridegetcvar

Post by Rachael »

You know - with the transition in ZDoom development, that's actually not a bad idea. GZDoom could rename it to something else, and QZDoom could repurpose the variable entirely to contain all the various renderers into one accessible variable which can then be put on the menu appropriately. Then vid_renderer can be simply used to fool those old mods into running properly, regardless of the renderer setting being used.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”