A Christmas present for ZDoom

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I take it the fact it's inside A_FirePhoenixPL1 wouldn't effect things.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Anotehr thing with secondary fire- some people might actually want their secondary function to be somethign that changes the weapon's primary fire. Thus, could we have settings to determine whether the gun alerts enimies when fired or not? This would also help make stealth weapons possible.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

TheDarkArchon wrote:I take it the fact it's inside A_FirePhoenixPL1 wouldn't effect things.

Code: Select all

//===========================================================================
//
// A_Recoil
//
//===========================================================================
void A_Recoil(AActor * self)
{
	FState * CallingState;
	int index=CheckIndex(1, &CallingState);
	fixed_t xymom = StateParameters[index];

angle = actor->angle + ANG180;
   angle >>= ANGLETOFINESHIFT;
   actor->momx += FixedMul (xymom, finecosine[angle]);
   actor->momy += FixedMul (xymom, finesine[angle]);
}
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

DoomRater wrote: Thus, could we have settings to determine whether the gun alerts enimies when fired or not? This would also help make stealth weapons possible.

What? Why should the gun determine a property of its own?
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

DoomRater: +NO_ALERT
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

(didn't know it already existed)

EDIT: Some weapons alert monsters before they are supposed to. Example: the sniper rifle with the scope when the button is held down causes zombies to become active before the bullet is fired. Now, someone would want that only to alert when the gun's bullet is actually loosed...

EDIT 2: That actually doesn't require changing the gun's properties, but it would probably break MassMouth.
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Hay Graf, there's a bug in the weapons code. Any weapon marked with the flag +SHOOTABLE won't headbob when you pick it up.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I remember that bug from before or something... Wasn't something set wrong?

Anyway CAN WE KEEP IT PLEASE?! Probably not... maybe a new flag DONTBOB?
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Scuba Steve wrote:Hay Graf, there's a bug in the weapons code. Any weapon marked with the flag +SHOOTABLE won't headbob when you pick it up.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=5750
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

DoomRater wrote:(didn't know it already existed)

EDIT: Some weapons alert monsters before they are supposed to. Example: the sniper rifle with the scope when the button is held down causes zombies to become active before the bullet is fired. Now, someone would want that only to alert when the gun's bullet is actually loosed...

EDIT 2: That actually doesn't require changing the gun's properties, but it would probably break MassMouth.

Use the NOALERT flag and then use the code pointer A_AlertMonsters to alert the monsters when necessary. Strife's crossbow already needs this.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Graf Zahl wrote:
DoomRater wrote:(didn't know it already existed)

Use the NOALERT flag and then use the code pointer A_AlertMonsters to alert the monsters when necessary. Strife's crossbow already needs this.
Thanks for the DECORATE lessons, Graf. "_"
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Status update:

I did the first tests with the use state and so far it looks good.

I also did some changes to A_SpawnItem so that monsters spawned by it don't attack the monster that spawned them. By doing this I was also able to remove some special handling from the Wizard/D'sparil and Bishop/Heresiarch which did the same but was not friendly-aware so now it uses the same logic as the general case.

Since I was messing around with this code anyway I also turned the special case of the Bishop which never switches targets into a NOTARGETSWITCH flag. This could be useful for custom monsters.

Nice side effect: I could remove the OkayToSwitchTarget functions from the Wizard, D'Sparil, the Bishop, the Heresiarch and Strife's programmer.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I tried A_AlertMonsters but it doesn't seem to be working. The game didn't give me an error though, it just didn't alert the monsters.

EDIT: Also, how do I make projectiles come out at random angles? And if there's no way to do that it should be implemented.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Using Jumps it's possible, else no.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I figured it could be done with jumps (after thinking about it later), but.... that's gonna require a page and a half of code just to get right! Because I'm firing FIVE such projectiles and I need jumps for ALL of them! There should be a more efficient way of coding it, such as perhaps a Rand command or so?

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”