[No] Recoil2?

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Postby wildweasel » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:57 pm

Another argument should be added for "additive" mode, so that you can have a single shot kick the view up just a bit and have the effect be greater for more consecutive shots. For a good practical example of that, look at Quake 2's machine gun.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby DBThanatos » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:30 pm

wildweasel wrote:Another argument should be added for "additive" mode, so that you can have a single shot kick the view up just a bit and have the effect be greater for more consecutive shots. For a good practical example of that, look at Quake 2's machine gun.

Indeed, but then should it modify the player aiming? i believe it might need that, however not too necesary. :?

DBT
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.

Postby StrikerMan780 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:15 am

How do you like my idea for the decorate function? Maybe there can be a THIRD argument for additive kickback, and if it is like, say this:

A_Kick(5, 1, 1)

A_Kick(Amount, Affectaim, Additive)

When it is additive, the amount basically affects the speed at which it rises your pitch, but when it is normal, it is how far it jerks back your pitch. Affectaim defines whether or not it turns the whole player's pitch (mouselook or aim) But without affectaim, the shots will still fire in the direction of the initial direction you fired. Affectaim would only really be useful in a rapid-fire weapon, as another shot could happen before your pitch returns, or if it is additive.
StrikerMan780
Struggling but getting by. For now.

Discord: StrikerTheHedgefox#6299
Github ID: StrikerMan780
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby DBThanatos » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:27 pm

sounds good to me, i really think this is needed!!!

DBT
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.

Re: Recoil2?

Postby DBThanatos » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:14 pm

Oh BUMP :P

While taking as base a script from vaecrius I managed to do what I wanted, I was wondering if this could be implemented to avoid the use of ACS.
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.

Postby DBThanatos » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:24 pm

Anual bump.

I do believe this idea could work nicely :P
StrikerMan780 wrote:A_Kick(Amount, Affectaim, Additive)

When it is additive, the amount basically affects the speed at which it rises your pitch, but when it is normal, it is how far it jerks back your pitch. Affectaim defines whether or not it turns the whole player's pitch (mouselook or aim) But without affectaim, the shots will still fire in the direction of the initial direction you fired. Affectaim would only really be useful in a rapid-fire weapon, as another shot could happen before your pitch returns, or if it is additive.

*runs away*
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.

Postby Snarboo » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:22 pm

I would like to see something like this implemented, as it sounds very useful. It would also make emulating Doom 64's weapons easier.
Snarboo
Bacon doesn't know it's not dogs

Previous

Return to Closed Feature Suggestions