option for vanilla weapon bob behavior

Remember, just because you request it, that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

option for vanilla weapon bob behavior

Postby quickkennedy » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:26 am

in gzdoom, when a player fires their gun it will be automatically be centered so that the player is not confused as to where their gun is firing from. in vanilla however, the players gun is not centered upon firing, and will instead get "stuck" at the bob position it was at before the player started firing their gun. Just to clarify, this is NOT bobbing while firing, if you are still confused, check out https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/56423-sticky-weapon-bobbing-and-firing/.
i am apparently one of the few people who prefers how bobbing works in vanilla rather than how it does in gzdoom, and as such this hasn't really been asked before. i know there isn't really any demand for this feature, so its probably a ton of work for just 1 person seeing as nobody else seems to want this, but i would request that there be a command (and maybe even an option in the options menu) that allows players to change to the old bobbing behavior. this would allow me (and perhaps others) to much more comfortably play doom, as i (and perhaps others) find the centered weapon firing quite distracting.
i would also like to add that what i'm talking about is already a feature in both prboom+ and crispy doom as the "weapon attack alignment" option.
Last edited by quickkennedy on Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
quickkennedy

Re: option for vanilla weapon bob behavior

Postby drfrag » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:08 am

There is already an option to keep the weapon bobbing while firing.
drfrag
Os voy a romper a pedazos!
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Discord: drfrag#3555
Github ID: drfrag666

Re: option for vanilla weapon bob behavior

Postby quickkennedy » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:58 am

where would that option be? i know there is an option to continue bobbing while shooting, but i dont know of one that keeps the gun frozen in its last position.
quickkennedy

Return to Feature Suggestions