Turning off screen flashing on Invulnerability Orbs?

Remember, just because you request it, that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Five_
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Turning off screen flashing on Invulnerability Orbs?

Post by Five_ »

Like the topic says - can the screen flashing at the end of the invulnerability sphere be toned down or disabled entirely without using a mod? I have photosensitive epilepsy and that one effect is making my Doom experience, uh, less than enjoyable.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Turning off screen flashing on Invulnerability Orbs?

Post by Rachael »

Honestly that would be nice if it were possible. Or just have it fade away instead of flashing.

This is a feature request so I've moved it to the appropriate forum.

Not really a full solution to your problem, but there's a feature called "Custom Inverse Map" (for the invulnerability sphere) that lets you change the colors at least to something more mute and soothing rather than harsh as it is by default.

This may help you.

If you change the start color to black (r = 0, g = 0, b = 0) and the end color to middle gray (r = 128, g = 128, b = 128) then the color swap will simply be a desaturation, nothing more. :)

Five_
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Turning off screen flashing on Invulnerability Orbs?

Post by Five_ »

Hey, sorry for the (extremely) late reply. While this helps somewhat, the issue isn't really with the colours, it's with the rapid flashing. Could a setting be implemented that replaces the flash with a slow fade, or at least slows down how fast the screen flashes?

Return to “Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”