bDEHACKED Actor Flag

Remember, just because you request it, that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

bDEHACKED Actor Flag

Postby Kinsie » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:00 pm

When a state has been altered by DEHACKED, a read-only bDEHACKED state flag is applied to that state. My mod MetaDoom uses this flag to try and detect actors modified by DEHACKED so that they're not replaced by the mod's own actors, but given that this requires that pretty much every vanilla state needs to be checked, it's somewhat fiddly.

Applying a read-only bDEHACKED actor flag in addition to the state flag would make detecting and handling such changes less messy with less chance of false-negatives (ie. forgetting to check a specific state, like I probably did up there).
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: bDEHACKED Actor Flag

Postby Graf Zahl » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:52 am

The only way to achieve this would be to walk through all the states the actor references and see if one was altered. It's by no means safer than what you do right now.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: bDEHACKED Actor Flag

Postby Esther Pusslethodging » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:07 am

Duplicate of viewtopic.php?f=15&t=67037
As the original poster of that one, I'm just a little miffed, especially as it got no attention...

Anyway, will checking the states work correctly? I've tried this, and it doesn't seem to account for if the frames themselves are edited. For instance, if DeHackEd changes the final frame of Spawn to go somewhere else instead of looping, checking the actor's Spawn state won't correctly identify the DeHackEd modification.
Esther Pusslethodging

Return to Feature Suggestions