[ZSDF] 'ExitMessage' Block

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

amv2k9

[ZSDF] 'ExitMessage' Block

Post by amv2k9 »

The last choice in any ZSDF dialog is automatically added; a choice that simply exits the dialog without setting the conversation to another page in the process. This request is for a block that, when present, would replace the standard exit message with one that can be customized, albeit to a lesser degree than a standard 'choice' block. You'd be able to set 'text'. This is intended to work in tandem with the 'Randomized string support for additional parameters' suggestion; you could, for example, have randomly selected exit messages that are different when talking to a hostile NPC as opposed to friendly or neutral NPCs.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [ZSDF] 'ExitMessage' Block

Post by Marisa the Magician »

I suppose this would be to avoid the "thanks, bye" response to "we're going to kill you". :P
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

This already exists, at least for static, non-random messages, as the "goodbye" key. It doesn't seem to be on the Wiki, though. I should probably fix that.

Code: Select all

Conversation
{
	id = 8;
	Page
	{
		name = "Guard";
		dialog = "We're going to kill you!";
		goodbye = "Eek! How scary!";
	}
}
EDIT: I've updated the [wiki]ZDoom Strife Dialog Format[/wiki] wiki page with the exclusive features of that namespace.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Kinsie wrote:This already exists, at least for static, non-random messages, as the "goodbye" key.
That's cool. Certainly an improvement over "WE'RE GOING TO KILL YOU!" "Thanks, bye!", even if you can't randomize it.
EDIT: I've updated the [wiki]ZDoom Strife Dialog Format[/wiki] wiki page with the exclusive features of that namespace.
Thanks for that!
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

This can be closed; I didn't realize until recently that 'goodbye' can in fact take random strings defined in LANGUAGE, which means you can have as many as ten, not just the three random strings in vanilla Strife's exit message.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”