Sprite Smoothing/Texture Filtering defaults

Remember, just because you request it, that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Sprite Smoothing/Texture Filtering defaults

Post by wildweasel »

Well, if you guys would like to help brainstorm/workshop some better organization for the menu system, feel free to weigh in here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=60041
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Thanks! Yeah, didn't mean to cause a tangent. That's indeed a separate topic altogether. :P
Wohlstand
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wohlstand »

Hellser wrote:* = NUKED, MAME, Java, DOSBox, ADLMidi, OPNMidi
I think, I need to describe you something:
* NUKED, MAME, Java, DOSBox are emulators of OPL3/OPL2 chips, not a MIDI synthesizers. MIDI synthesizers over chips are usually interpreting MIDI commands into native commands of chips by register data writing.
* ADLMIDI is MIDI synthesizer that uses one of the OPL3 (YMF262) emulators, different from "OPL Synth Emulation" synthesizer
* OPNMIDI is MIDI synthesizer that uses an emulator of OPN2 (YM2612) chip which is different from OPLx but produces a similar sound. This chip is notable for wide usage in Sega Megadrive/Genesis game console. Before I implemented OPNMIDI, there were no any working MIDI players over that chip while there are a lot of them for an OPL3 chip.

So, in fact, there are three independent FM MIDI synthesizers: "OPL Synth Emulation", "ADLMIDI", and "OPNMIDI".
Last edited by Wohlstand on Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

After tweaking some settings again I'm starting to think maybe if some of these alphabet soup options had little layman-friendly descriptions as to what they are and what they're for would be much more helpful than any simplification. (says the guy who couldn't figure out what his midi device was set to because that option was on a different screen than the midi options, but then I don't think anything in the graphics settings is anywhere near that bad)

Return to “Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”