Add $mididevice adl for SNDINFO

Remember, just because you request it, that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

XxMiltenXx
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Add $mididevice adl for SNDINFO

Post by XxMiltenXx »

Well, as the title says, add libadl to the $mididevice definition to force an OPL bank to be used for said music file.

Alternatively I would even allow mulitple devices to be set, for the simple reasons that more than one bank might be supported for some music files, e.g.:

Code: Select all

$mididevice D_RUNNIN adl 14, 72
The first number would be the default value that is used to play the music file. In this case it is the common DMX (Doom) and the alternative is WOPL (DMXOPL3)

In order to change the OPL bank, the user can order all OPL banks to his preference. He can simple move the entries up and down (without changing the internal OPL bank number) and whichever OPL bank is higher is preffered over the others. And the set numbers in the SNDINFO ensure that only one of the "allowed" OPL Banks is loaded.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Add $mididevice adl for SNDINFO

Post by Graf Zahl »

$mididevice: Sure. Same for opn.
Sorting: Unlikely. This would be way too invasive in pieces of code that do not deal with setting up music playback.
XxMiltenXx

Post by XxMiltenXx »

Thanks.

About the sorting: it was just an idea so you can pick between multiple specified OPL banks. Maybe there's a better and easier way to do it?
Csonicgo

Post by Csonicgo »

I think custom bank support that ADL includes could be used in SNDINFO. It would be a lot better than fumbling about with GENMIDI lumps.
Wohlstand

Post by Wohlstand »

Yesterday I have done the support of custom ADLMIDI / OPNMIDI banks here:
https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/pull/594

For now, you can have the "fm_banks" folder where to put your custom WOPL or WOPN banks. One joke: As I have shared paths with "SoundFonts" mechanism, you are still can put WOPL / WOPN banks into the same place where are SoundFonts and they will be shown in the list of custom banks in the setup menu for ADLMIDI/OPNMIDI.

One note: after an update, the "fm_banks" will not appear in "SoundFonts Path", but will appear when you will manually remove the config section related to sound fonts directories, however, you still can use "SoundFont" directory, and it will work.

Return to “Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”