Default Windowed Resolution

Remember, just because you request it, that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Default Windowed Resolution

Post by Zenon »

So say you usually play GZDoom Full Screen in 1920x1080 resolution, but this time you want to start up GZDoom windowed and in 1600x900 resolution; without the hassle of going into the options to set that manually.
At the moment, we can start windowed on the welcome prompt, but we can't set the resolution of the window without starting the game itself and fiddling in the options menu
So why not remove the middleman and add a little dropdown menu for to pick a resolution?

This is gonna get a [No] isn't it :(
_mental_

Re: Default Windowed Resolution

Post by _mental_ »

Add the following to other command line options for GZDoom:

Code: Select all

+vid_defwidth 1600 +vid_defheight 900 +fullscreen 0
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I really don't think the original suggestion as suggested is going to happen without a revamp of the video resolution code, which has been in dire need of a revamp for a long time now anyhow...

I won't [No] it, but if Graf doesn't, it's definitely being tossed into "On Hold".
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Adding two comboboxes to the IWAD selector really can't be that hard, it's pretty isolated stuff that won't interfere with anything. All it needs to do is simulate -width and -height.

This isn't high priority,though.

Regarding the video init code, I don't think anything may happen here before the DirectDraw code isn't flushed for good. This is genuine legacy Windows madness which dictated how all this was written.

Return to “Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”