Blood and puff actors given with the amount of damage done

Remember, just because you request it, that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

TheCamaleonMaligno

Blood and puff actors given with the amount of damage done

Post by TheCamaleonMaligno »

I mean, when a bleeding actor is damaged via hitscans/projectiles, the generated blood will be given with the amount of damage inflicted, same for puffs. That info could be put in the health or damage properties, or perhaps in a new variable.
this would be useful to make puff/blood actors to decide what animations (or size) to use and make it fit the amount of damage done, making it more aesthetic :wub:
I know that blood actors actually does something similar with their first 3 frames and the spray state in strife but it's only limited to just that :?
nazakomu
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Blood and puff actors given with the amount of damage do

Post by nazakomu »

This is a do-it-yourself in ZScript.

Just as an example, you can just check an actor's health (or you can do it the other way around; checking how much damage the actor receives, this without it relying on health at all), and with whatever conditions you specify, spawn the desired amount of blood or puffs (or even anything else).

There is also the +NOBLOOD flag, so that you can be in direct control of how much of it you want to spawn (this implies you will be spawning it manually). Considering that there isn't a flag to disable puffs, what I would do for the puffs, would be to inherit the base class, make it invisible, then make a new puff class that can be used for manual spawning.

Return to “Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”