Model/Voxel Toggle Cvars

Remember, just because you request it, that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Model/Voxel Toggle Cvars

Post by YukiHerz »

I like this feature in Zandro, and, if my memory isn't failing me, I remember having at least the model toggle in a previous version of gzdoom.

The reason I'm suggesting this feature is because I'm stuck with old hardware, the only way I can test mods that happen to use models is by changing glversion, I'd like to at least be able to test my own mods without having to toggle (though this obviously wouldn't consider other people's mods where the replaced sprites are just empty dummies).

The only downside I can see from this feature is that threads for certain mods that use 3d models may have the occasional airhead asking why the mod isn't displaying correctly, so perhaps these cvars shouldn't be in the menus.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Model/Voxel Toggle Cvars

Post by Rachael »

There is a lot of merit to this feature, imo, even if a mod is meant to run in "OpenGL" only it could help with performance issues/testing or it could be used to quickly test what something may appear like in Software rendering. I'd very much like this feature.

However, it's up to Graf to say if it should be in GZDoom. (I think I could code this, myself)
Wuerfel_21

Post by Wuerfel_21 »

Vor voxels, r_drawvoxels already exists, but is not archived or in the menu by default.
Gez

Post by Gez »

That makes sense to me. It'd fit well with the experimental new feature allowing to check for rendering effect support separately.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Thanks for pointing that out, that needs to be added to the GetCaps() function in the renderers.

Return to “Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”