Allow non-Strife use case for Stamina variable

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Allow non-Strife use case for Stamina variable

Post by Caligari87 »

Related topic: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54744

In short: I really like the fact that there's built-in variables for stamina and accuracy, and I want to leverage these for my own mods (particularly stamina). The problem is that putting points into stamina raises the max health cap, as in Strife, which is undesired if I want to do a regenerating 0-100 meter or something like that. Yes, I know I can just use custom/user variables for this, but it'd be really convenient to just use the built-in one since it can be shown on the althud and accessed anywhere within a player/weapon/inventory without casting. In the original thread I proposed a flag for the PlayerPawn, +NOHEALTHSTAMINA. Not sure if that's the best way, or if there might be some other mechanism better suited for it.

8-)
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Allow non-Strife use case for Stamina variable

Post by Major Cooke »

Looking at the source, morphs use stamina in special ways that can make this dangerous if it's not taken care of properly.

Then again I might be overthinking it.
Arctangent

Re: Allow non-Strife use case for Stamina variable

Post by Arctangent »

This seems kinda silly if I'm being honest. The entire purpose of stamina being exposed in the first place seems to be to allow Strife's use-case in non-Strife games. If not for that, it'd probably not be accessible in the first place.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”