0000626: Status Bar Face in the ALTHUD

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Ultimate Freedoomer

0000626: Status Bar Face in the ALTHUD

Post by Ultimate Freedoomer »

https://mantis.zdoom.org/view.php?id=626
Remember when I suggested that the ammo icons in the ALTHUD be fixed so they don't overlap the counter numbers? Well, I have another suggestion for something to add to the ALTHUD: the player face. I know this would be awkward when playing a game with no status bar face (which is presumably why it was left out to begin with), but here's what I've got so far:
  • For HeXen (& HeXen-specific mods that don't make use of the "status bar face" feature), the "ultimate weapon assembly status" checker could be used in the spot where the ALTHUD player face would be.
  • For Strife: Quest for the Sigil (& Strife: Quest for the Sigil-Specific mods that don't make use of the "status bar face" feature), the "sigil assembly status" checker would be in that spot in the ALTHUD.
  • Haven't decided what would be in that spot for Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders
As to where the player face would be on the ALTHUD, I was thinking to the left of the "health/armor" meters. Before you guys ask, I did speak to Graf about the player face suggestion via PM. He said to make a post in the feature suggestion forum. The suggestion was met with approval, so I figured I'd suggest it here.
This is mostly so the ALTHUD is complete in regards to vanilla status bar features.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”