Execute Freeze, & Resurrect Via ACS.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

HeXaGoN

Execute Freeze, & Resurrect Via ACS.

Post by HeXaGoN »

I want to be able to freeze actor's on a map through ACS, because sometimes I need to create a pause effect for cinematics, or anything that would involve freezing everything on the map, via ACS.

I understand you could just make some things Dormant via Thing_Deactivate, but I need something to keep actors in one place as well. (Say, you have something affected by gravity).

May the command could go like this: FreezeMap(bool FreezeActivator);
It should also have another command (Or argument) to undo this Map freezing.

I also would like to be able to resurrect the player, via ACS.
There are several reasons someone would want to do this.

The reason I want this, is so that I can have the player die in a map, then resurrected at another point.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Execute Freeze, & Resurrect Via ACS.

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Unfortunately, resurrection via ACS was already denied, since cheating yourself back to life can bring back some unintended side effects.
HeXaGoN

Post by HeXaGoN »

Ryan Cordell wrote:Unfortunately, resurrection via ACS was already denied, since cheating yourself back to life can bring back some unintended side effects.
What kind of side effects?

I know only one side effect, like if a player dies, if his actor properties change during the death state, they'll remain the same if he's resurrected.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

The biggest thing I can think of is that certain death types (Hexen's gibs and player freeze deaths) prevent resurrecting because of the way they're implemented, so an ACS resurrect command would fail in that case.

I don't remember the old discussion though -- were these the big issues or were there other things? This is the sort of thing that'd be useful if it's doable, though I wonder if the "allowrespawn" keyword along with a Respawn script could do what the OP wants.
HeXaGoN

Post by HeXaGoN »

Xaser wrote:I don't remember the old discussion though -- were these the big issues or were there other things? This is the sort of thing that'd be useful if it's doable, though I wonder if the "allowrespawn" keyword along with a Respawn script could do what the OP wants.
Not a bad idea, I think that could work. Though it's a bit different than what I was thinking, as I wanted to be able to resurrect the player on command, rather than have the player do it by pressing use.
Xaser wrote:The biggest thing I can think of is that certain death types (Hexen's gibs and player freeze deaths)
I don't know if I'd ever have a moment in hexen where I'd need to resurrect a gibbed player.
As for freeze deaths, can't you resurrect yourself before exploding into ice chunks?

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”