Interpolate Actor Scale

Remember, just because you request it, that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Interpolate Actor Scale

Postby RaveYard » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:38 am

Some mods (including mine) use models/sprites for shockwaves, explosions and such which then look choppy.

Ideally should happen only when the actor has a specific flag like +INTERPOLATESCALING
RaveYard

Re: Interpolate Actor Scale

Postby Nash » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:42 am

Already a thread open here, which also covers another thing that visually would benefit from interpolation (that is actor alpha; mentioned by Marisa in that other thread)
Nash

Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby Nash » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:58 am

Did not want to clutter the Github PR comments section but - RaveYard, when/if all is said and done for scale interpolation, think you can do one for alpha interpolation as well? That would complete interpolation for all scriptable render-related things.
Nash

Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby RaveYard » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:25 am

I'd love to, but I'm not going to get approval even for the scale unless I can somehow have the scale turned into FVector2 and exported into ZScript. :(
Same goes for the alpha, but there are regular floats in ZScript so that one might be actually more feasable.
RaveYard

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:16 pm

So we'll need to wait for someone to allow for FVector2s to become a thing then. It's what my sprite offset submission is also waiting on too.
Major Cooke
d = klabs(wall[wall[wall[sector[dasect].wallptr].point2].point2].x-s->x)...

Return to Feature Suggestions