Slade HUD View

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Slade HUD View

Postby peewee_RotA » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:28 am

Is there any information on the graphic editor in Slade about the guide lines for the HUD view?

I'm trying to reconcile where the Offset command in Decorate/ZScript places weapon sprites relative to this view. So far I hadn't seen any clear indicator of where Offset(1,1) is. (And my understanding is that Offset(0,0) is not a valid position since it just replicates the previous offset)

I didn't see anything on the Slade website. Can anyone validate what these lines represent? Here is my best guesses based on sprites I edited recently.

slade_example.jpg

One thing I have noticed is that switching to full screen also does a sort of offset. It doesn't move the sprite by the full height of the status bar, or reveal more of the sprite by that same height. It seems to move it a little and reveal a little.

Anyway, can someone give me the correct meaning of these lines and where the correct starting place of the Offset() feature in Decorate/ZScript would be?

EDIT: I'm working with Hexen weapon sprites. I don't know if the game type makes a difference to this layout or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peewee_RotA

Re: Slade HUD View

Postby neoworm » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:49 am

The sprite shift with HUD is determined by actor property Weapon.YAdjust. HeXen has it set to something else than DooM and Heretic.
neoworm

Postby Gez » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:19 am

The idea was to have lines for the status bar of Doom and Heretic/Hexen. However it's never been entirely accurate due to how the engines shift sprites up and down in confusing ways.
Gez

Postby Enjay » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:26 am

I asked something in the same ball park myself a while back.

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=64232
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Return to Assets (and other stuff)