Switched rotations with Doom Sprite Batch Renderer?

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Switched rotations with Doom Sprite Batch Renderer?

Postby DamTheGreat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:08 pm

I delved into 3D modeling for a simple decoration, but there's something weird I want to clear up before making my custom monsters. I use Blender with the Doom Sprite Batch Renderer addon. I followed the instructions on the GitHub page and after some fiddling around, I got my sprites. But when I coded the decoration and placed it in the level, something looked off, everything was backwards. I messed around with the files and it turns out rotations 2 and 8, 4 and 6, and 3 and 7 were switched. I switched the numbers out but there's still a problem: the decoration is backwards, ie what is supposed to be the front by what the arrow on the thing in GZDoom Builder shows is actually the back. Did I not follow the instructions correctly? Do I have to place the SpriteCamera behind the model?

EDIT: Nevermind, I fully read the GitHub page now and it probably has to do with the "Direction" option...
DamTheGreat

Discord: ☠DamTheGreat☠#7201
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Assets (and other stuff)