Substance Designer tutorial?

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Substance Designer tutorial?

Postby fudgonaut » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:38 am

This project intrigues me: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=54839 (Doom 3 for Doom)

I love the results and I'd love to do this with other textures, and I have part-time access to Substance Designer.

But I haven't used Substance Designer yet. The program is, in a word, byzantine.

I don't have bandwidth to learn everything bout SD, but I'd love to use it for this one purpose.

Is anyone aware of a Substance Designer tutorial (or an SD template file) for combining environment textures into pretty 2d textures? Something that a novice could understand?
fudgonaut

Re: Substance Designer tutorial?

Postby fudgonaut » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:11 pm

Thanks for the links. I should have prefaced that I've done multiple online/keyword searches... But I haven't found a tutorial that specifically shows how to merge material textures into a single texture.

If I had more bandwidth and more frequent access to the workstation with Substance Designer, maybe I could figure it out eventually. But since I don't, and I'm only interested in SD for this one purpose, I'm hoping to avoid slogging through a series of more generalized tutorials.
fudgonaut

Return to Assets (and other stuff)