I can compose for GZDoom projects

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

I can compose for GZDoom projects

Postby RederickDeathwill » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:00 am

Recently I've played Ashes 2063 and I loved the soundtrack, and I've realized that I'd love to be part of a similar project or to contribute with my music to some project. My personal project since 2007 is "Poisoned Wine" and I've also worked on an international project called "Caotes". I'll showcase here a caotes piece that I've composed and also my full Poisoned Wine album:





Poisoned Wine bandcamp: https://poisonedwine.bandcamp.com/
Caotes bandcamp: https://caotesofficial.bandcamp.com/releases

I've been working as a software developer non-stop for the last year or so without composing anything, so I'm starting to miss it a lot (The pandemic also played a major role on it). The idea of having a project with a specific theme (Just like ashes) can motivate me a lot to compose. I have an Ableton Live license and I compose with it, but I can also compose oldschool .mid using Guitar Pro, or even using free software (LMMS) on Linux. I've been working with blender and whatever related to GZDoom, but prior to anything I'm a composer so I can help with some projects here if somebody wants it :D. My specialty is dark and nasty atmospheres in general, but I can also compose "lighter" things. This is a more "orchestral" example of my work:

User avatar
RederickDeathwill
 
Joined: 06 Sep 2020
Location: São Paulo - Brazil
Github ID: https://github.com/EricsonWillians
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: I can compose for GZDoom projects

Postby Enjay » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:07 am

Oooh, this is interesting. I've definitely got a soft spot for gothic/industrial/electro style music so I'm going to have to give Ghostwave a good listen.
User avatar
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain
 
 
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: Scotland

Re: I can compose for GZDoom projects

Postby RederickDeathwill » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:29 am

Enjay wrote:Oooh, this is interesting. I've definitely got a soft spot for gothic/industrial/electro style music so I'm going to have to give Ghostwave a good listen.


It's my darkest work, and unlike my "caotes 13-track release" on Spotify / Deezer and so on, I couldn't release it on spotify since I've used samples from movies like Videodrome. I've even sampled Zeena (LaVey) Schreck, and I've contacted her at some point and she didn't give me the permission to release it since the interview that I've sampled is from a time that she was a satanist and she's a buddhist now. Anyway, the point is, this album is doomed to the underground and it's heavy and intense. On an album for a GZDoom project, I wouldn't use these samples of course and it would probably be entirely instrumental. Doom mods are usually "dark" by default and I believe that the atmosphere of my music fits pretty well.
Last edited by RederickDeathwill on Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RederickDeathwill
 
Joined: 06 Sep 2020
Location: São Paulo - Brazil
Github ID: https://github.com/EricsonWillians
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: I can compose for GZDoom projects

Postby ramon.dexter » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:41 pm

May I ask you for cooperation on my Shadows of Apocalypse project?
User avatar
ramon.dexter
rudebwoy
 
Joined: 20 Oct 2015
Location: Kozolupy, Bohemia
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: I can compose for GZDoom projects

Postby Logan MTM » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:41 am

Really? Can we talk? :mrgreen:
User avatar
Logan MTM
I can see you...
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Re: I can compose for GZDoom projects

Postby RederickDeathwill » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:46 am

ramon.dexter wrote:May I ask you for cooperation on my Shadows of Apocalypse project?


Yup, I'd like to know more about the project.

Edit: I've found it: viewtopic.php?t=50205

Pretty interesting what I've seen so far, I'll play the demo after my job. Do you intend to have new music on new levels or existing ones?

Logan MTM wrote:Really? Can we talk? :mrgreen:


You can PM me :p By the way, I have a "Sadako" piece of music on that album in which I've sampled the actress from the Ringu movies.
User avatar
RederickDeathwill
 
Joined: 06 Sep 2020
Location: São Paulo - Brazil
Github ID: https://github.com/EricsonWillians
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: I can compose for GZDoom projects

Postby ramon.dexter » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:53 am

RederickDeathwill wrote:
ramon.dexter wrote:May I ask you for cooperation on my Shadows of Apocalypse project?


Yup, I'd like to know more about the project.

Edit: I've found it: viewtopic.php?t=50205

Pretty interesting what I've seen so far, I'll play the demo after my job. Do you intend to have new music on new levels or existing ones?


Well, right now I've got the tracks byt Mark Morgan from fallout1&2. I love this music, but I dont intendt to distribute it with final product. I just want to have something original. Basically, I'm no musician. I'm looking for some music that would fit the post apocalyptic theme of the game. Also, I would like to have somehting like the fallout music, but different. Some abiemtn music, that would help building the atmospehere of the locations.
User avatar
ramon.dexter
rudebwoy
 
Joined: 20 Oct 2015
Location: Kozolupy, Bohemia
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: I can compose for GZDoom projects

Postby RederickDeathwill » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:29 am

ramon.dexter wrote:
RederickDeathwill wrote:
ramon.dexter wrote:May I ask you for cooperation on my Shadows of Apocalypse project?


Yup, I'd like to know more about the project.

Edit: I've found it: viewtopic.php?t=50205

Pretty interesting what I've seen so far, I'll play the demo after my job. Do you intend to have new music on new levels or existing ones?


Well, right now I've got the tracks byt Mark Morgan from fallout1&2. I love this music, but I dont intendt to distribute it with final product. I just want to have something original. Basically, I'm no musician. I'm looking for some music that would fit the post apocalyptic theme of the game. Also, I would like to have somehting like the fallout music, but different. Some abiemtn music, that would help building the atmospehere of the locations.


Well, I've finished Fallout 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4, but Fallout 2 I've played just once and I didn't go too far with it. I'll check the soundtrack and I'll start an experimental track, I'll post updates here.
User avatar
RederickDeathwill
 
Joined: 06 Sep 2020
Location: São Paulo - Brazil
Github ID: https://github.com/EricsonWillians
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: I can compose for GZDoom projects

Postby Vostyok » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:03 am

Wow, your stuff is really cool. I've been listening to Wormwood Star and I really like the vibe from that track in particular. I'm passing on your page link to a couple of people I think would be really interested in working with this kinda sound. Really happy we (well Primeval mostly but he's been carrying the project anyway) could inspire you :D
User avatar
Vostyok
It's fuggen wimdy!
 
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: New Eden
Discord: Vostyok#3164

Re: I can compose for GZDoom projects

Postby Logan MTM » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:53 am

13 - Sadako is my favorite but i dont know why...
User avatar
Logan MTM
I can see you...
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Re: I can compose for GZDoom projects

Postby Ravick » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:24 pm

Poisoned Wine makes me remember Perturbator's albums. Witch is a very good thing! :)

I hope to play many wads with your songs in the future!
User avatar
Ravick
Do what thou wilt, since you don't bug the hell out of me!
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Location: Tubarão, Brasil


Return to Assets (and other stuff)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests