Animdefs not working

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Animdefs not working

Postby Laskow » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:46 am

Hi.
The textures are loaded correctly (because there are no warnings or errors) but somehow animdefs doesn't work.
c0010.png

Also switches doesn't work neither.

Thanks in advanced!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Laskow

Re: Animdefs not working

Postby Laskow » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:39 pm

Sorry, finally it works.
Code: Select allExpand view
Texture "textures/Wafal01.png"
   pic "textures/Wafal01.png" tics 4
   pic "textures/Wafal02.png" tics 4
   pic "textures/Wafal03.png" tics 4
   pic "textures/Wafal04.png" tics 4

There are no examples giving a full path in the wiki so it took a lot of time to figure out what to do.

Still I don't know why I must give the full path. In my case, I had to do the same in SNDINFO. The biggest difference between my mod (ipk3) and other wad (pk3 or ipk3) is using ZMAPINFO or not... Is that related to this case?
Laskow

Postby MFG38 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:11 am

Laskow wrote:The biggest difference between my mod (ipk3) and other wad (pk3 or ipk3) is using ZMAPINFO or not... Is that related to this case?

I can't imagine it would be. As far as I'm aware, the full path in a .pk3 should only need to be provided if the filename is more than 8 characters long or if it's in a subfolder of sounds/. The existence of a ZMAPINFO lump should logically make no difference.
MFG38

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Laskow » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:22 am

MFG38 wrote:The existence of a ZMAPINFO lump should logically make no difference.

It has become increasingly difficult to find why it didn't work.:? These textures are contained in the subfolder named "textures", but in other mods, it work fine without giving a full path even the textures are contained in a subfolder.
Laskow

Return to Assets (and other stuff)