I have some issues with my model

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

I have some issues with my model

Postby Varglander » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:49 am

After months of doing absoluteIy nothing I've decided to start working on my wad, so I started testing and playing around with my 3d model and here is my issues

1.My texture is broken
I don't know how to use imgur link properly

Enjay: Like this
Code: Select allExpand view
[imgur]https://imgur.com/bVnmnbL[/imgur]

Click the ... menu on the uploaded image in imgur, pick "get share links" and copy/paste the first one between imgur tags on here.

Not sure what I did was wrong, maybe I didn't unwrap the texture correctly (I uses the smart unwrap in Blender) or I export the model as a ".dae" file then convert it into a ".md3"

2.My model come up as a ball with question mark when I tried to place it in UDB and it also came up with an error saying:
Unable to find sprite lump "TOMBA" used by actor "Tombstone":20013. Forgot to include required resources?

Here is the code
//the Modeldef code
Model Tombstone
{
    Path "Models"
   Model  0 "Tomb.md3"
    Skin  0  "StoneTexture.png"
    Scale 50 50 50
   USEACTORPITCH
   USEACTORROLL

Frameindex Tomb A 0 0
}

//The Decorate code
ACTOR Tombstone 20013
{
   //$Category Models/Decoation
   //$Title Tombstone
   //$Color 2
   Height 100
   Radius 30
   +SOLID
   States
   {
      Spawn:
       Tomb A -1
      Loop
   }
}

//The Textures code
Sprite TombA0, 1, 1 {Patch TNT1A0, 0, 0}
Varglander

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Re: I have some issues with my model

Postby Enjay » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:39 am

Error1 the Texture: It does indeed look like the UV mapping is borked. You should be able to fix it in a model editor. Given that the model doesn't look too complicated, it shouldn't be too difficult to do this.

You might try Maverick Model 3D for this - it works natively with MD3s and I find it easy to work with, especially with simple models. https://clover.moe/mm3d/

Error2 The Sprite: the obvious question here is have you included a sprite called TOMBA0 in your PK3? If not, add one. Alternatively, you can just use the name of one of the internal sprites found in Doom already. The model will hide the sprite anyway. I often just use POSSA (first zombieman sprite) as my model sprite simply because I remember it.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Re: I have some issues with my model

Postby Varglander » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:21 pm

Thanks Enjay for the help and also the imgur link, might try out Maverick Model 3D some day but right now I'll probably continue to fiddle around with blender.
Varglander

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Return to Assets (and other stuff)