Weather Spawners

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Weather Spawners

Postby Cicero Fazzlewell » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:32 am

Hi, I've been playing around with GZDoom Builder as a hobby for a good while now.

I don't know if I'm dumb, but I've been trying to make a snowy outdoor area in a map I've been working on, so I downloaded a snow weather generator off of Realm667 and have been tinkering with it to try and make it work. Previously when using Decorate objects, I just used the SpawnSpot function and put a Map Spot wherever I wanted the thing to go. I don't know if that's the 'correct' or most efficient way to do it, but it's what I could figure out on my own. But with the weather spawner, I have to ask: is the only way to make it work just to coat an area in Map Spots and have a hundred snow spawners or am I missing something?

Thank you!
Cicero Fazzlewell

Re: Weather Spawners

Postby Blue Shadow » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:32 am

Yes, that's how it works. But you don't need to use map spots to spawn the spawners; just give the spawner actor class an editor number, if it doesn't have one already, and place instances of it directly on the map from the map editor.

You might be able to find a some sort of "universal" weather generator if you look around the forum.
Blue Shadow

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby hiddeninthereeds » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:08 pm

Blue Shadow wrote:Yes, that's how it works. But you don't need to use map spots to spawn the spawners; just give the spawner actor class an editor number, if it doesn't have one already, and place instances of it directly on the map from the map editor.

You might be able to find a some sort of "universal" weather generator if you look around the forum.

Alright, I'll give it a whirl. Thanks for the reply!
hiddeninthereeds

Discord: bahnd#2790

Postby WARCHILD_89 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:12 pm

look into the wad with slade, normally the realm667 stuff has a text file explaining how it works.
WARCHILD_89
DOOM NEMESIS / 3D MODELS / RESOURCE BACKUPS

Return to Assets (and other stuff)