Inventory icon does not fit the inventory "box"

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Inventory icon does not fit the inventory "box"

Postby Kzer-Za » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:19 am

I have changed the colors of the upscaled icon for the ShadowSphere to use it for another artifact. The new (recolored) icon is displayed as too big to fit the "box" in which the artifacts are displayed (see the screenshot). The icon has the same resolution as the source. The source (the ShadowSphere icon) is upscaled compared to vanilla, but as you can see from the screenshot, it fits the box. Whereas the recolored variant has the same dimensions but does not fit. Why is that and how can I fix it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kzer-Za

Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Inventory icon does not fit the inventory "box"

Postby Jarewill » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:24 am

Without seeing the file itself, it's hard to tell.

It might be because the shadow sphere itself is being scaled down somewhere. (Maybe in a TEXTURES lump?)
Jarewill

Postby Kzer-Za » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:29 am

No, my TEXTURES lump does not have entries for UI elements. I can upload the files (the source one and recolored one).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kzer-Za

Postby Kzer-Za » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:56 pm

Jarewill wrote:Without seeing the file itself, it's hard to tell.

It might be because the shadow sphere itself is being scaled down somewhere. (Maybe in a TEXTURES lump?)

Ah, wait, so interface elements can be scaled through the TEXTURES lump? I somehow thought that it applied only to the "game world", not to UI. Now I tried a definition for the new icon and it works:

Code: Select allExpand view
Sprite "ARTIHVSG", 100, 79
{
   XScale 3
   YScale 3
   Patch "ARTIHVSG", 0, 0
}

Now it fits the box. Although I still don't know why the upscaled versions of vanilla icons do not need such definitions. I definitely do not have their entries in TEXTURES, and their icons have significantly higher res than vanilla, but still they do fit the box without these definitions.
Kzer-Za

Return to Assets (and other stuff)